Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Newton Dynamics helped in 'Clogged Artery' animation

I did a test today that turned-out quite nicely with BIG help from our friend, Newton Dynamics... (attached 4mb QT)

Basically, I made a 'beer-bong' (a funnel on top and a long tube) and set about 50 lathed 'Platelets' above it, set the gravity to -5%... and simulated! Afterwards, I wanted the animation to be slower and smoother- so I 'group-grabbed' all the simulated keyframes from the 50 Platelets and spread them out... I used a SYMBIONT material called 'Plush' to texture the platelet and the vein.

The client wanted this to be a 'medical-meets-anime' look, so I toon-rendered and regular rendered and combined the 2 in After Effects. For a quick half-day test, not tooo bad- should win the gig. methinks.

PUBLICOM_Cardio.mov

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I see you do a lot of commercials ,how did you get started in that line of business? How do you come by your jobs?

Cool work your doing,

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks. I started out in 1987 multi-exposing film on an oxberry. A:M is the best thing that ever happened for my career. The jobs don't come easy, but when it rains-it pours. I posted a cool link in the 'Jobs' forum for anyone interested in getting into they're local TV advertising business, for fun and profit.

John,

Yea! I checked out the link to some degree when you posted it, I had thought it was a place for those who wanted to advertise, (the businesses), to look for premade advertising spots,

But Ill look it over again,

Thanks for the info..

Mike

Wow! I see you do a lot of commercials ,how did you get started in that line of business? How do you come by your jobs?

Cool work your doing,

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks. I started out in 1987 multi-exposing film on an oxberry. A:M is the best thing that ever happened for my career. The jobs don't come easy, but when it rains-it pours. I posted a cool link in the 'Jobs' forum for anyone interested in getting into they're local TV advertising business, for fun and profit.