Hash, Inc. Forums

Fate Stay Night

Takin a small break from pokemon to make Saber from Fate Stay Night. I've got a cash offer from someone to make her so i'm doing my best.

Here's what i've got so far, tell me if you can see if there's anything i should change.

post-10955-1212595890_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1212595909_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1212595921_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1212595933_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1212595952_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

If Joan Crawfrod were alive I bet she'd be doing a live action movie like this. Big shoulder pads and thin waist.

That looks like a good start. Making the petticoat (?) look ruffly wil be tough. The shoulder pads look a bit lumpy. But I don't know the character well.

If Joan Crawfrod were alive I bet she'd be doing a live action movie like this. Big shoulder pads and thin waist.

That looks like a good start. Making the petticoat (?) look ruffly wil be tough. The shoulder pads look a bit lumpy. But I don't know the character well.

Fixed up a ton of things. As for the shoulders, they seem that way, much because of her not having her gauntlets on... no less hands. They will thin out with the gaunts, later.

post-10955-1212612931_thumb.jpg

can we see wireframe..

great job man.

Thanks! Saber's beginning to grow on me. I'm really enjoying it now that she's taking form.

Hahah... trust me, wireframe hurts, but when i get time, i'll break down the pieces for viewing. I don't have Hash at home so this is all i can show for now. I should have the results by tomorrow. I'll probably be done with the boots by then as well.

Okay, finally Done with the modeling for Saber. The only part left to model is the Blade (see picture).

WARNING: The wireframe is Terrible looking. Waaaay too many points. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to detail, however...

post-10955-1213037829_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037837_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037845_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037851_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037863_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037875_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037886_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037894_thumb.jpg

post-10955-1213037907_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I am a big FSN fan and I think you did a great job with the model

Thanks so much! Un fortunately, I went to save the project a while ago and it became corrupt. The flaw is that for some godforsaken reason, there ended up being a duplicate of the "Actions" and "Choreography" Folders INSIDE the Model's GROUPS folder. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Usually when there is a file error like this, the only way to fix it is to go in an manually edit it with a text editing program. However I have heard that if you send a copy to the support team at HASH, they might be able to recover it for you.

Usually when there is a file error like this, the only way to fix it is to go in an manually edit it with a text editing program. However I have heard that if you send a copy to the support team at HASH, they might be able to recover it for you.

HAHA! Finally she's Fixed! Thanks to all of the Support staff, i really appreciate it! Here she is, All finished! Anyone got any ideas for a background?

post-10955-1213126315_thumb.jpg

wow. this is awesome man.

their are a lot of cp's and stuff but heck it looks good and it doesnt appear to be slowing you down at all.

great job

Thanks again Tot. Seems like you've got an eye for my stuff... ;) Here's my final project that I'm giving my client.

post-10955-1213144469_thumb.jpg

This guy made a Saber model in AM

If you click on the first post, the blue girl, it's actually a gorgeous animated gif. Thanks for the site.

Yeah but that's not actually his work (The model, the animation is), he's just commenting about a free app you can download here

His work is the gorgeous Saber and Rider models, here's another page with his works, here's a detail page of the Saber model construction with plenty of wireframes and construction shots

This guy made a Saber model in AM

If you click on the first post, the blue girl, it's actually a gorgeous animated gif. Thanks for the site.

Yeah but that's not actually his work (The model, the animation is), he's just commenting about a free app you can download here

His work is the gorgeous Saber and Rider models, here's another page with his works, here's a detail page of the Saber model construction with plenty of wireframes and construction shots

Do you really need that many cps for the skirt?

*Fuchur*

Incredible... I am DEEPLY humbled. When i have the money for my own computer, I will have a much easier time using less control points, and such, perfecting my models. However, with the school computers i was using, it WAS vital to have such detailed splining for the lack of detail in the computer's renders. I hate having to work with so many points, to be honest, I would much rather work in a format such as the one that you you have shown with the links. THIS is the sort of animation i aspire to. I really want to push my talent this far, if not further. True, the detail in his models is magnificant, but i can also see where minor adjustments could be made, even to improve his model. I can't say enough, though how humbling it is to see such perfect precision in splining and detail, I am very, very impressed!

• Admin
Do you really need that many cps for the skirt?

For Cloth simulation you may need that extra geometry.

If you don't have it the result can be a lot of pass-throughs.

With more splines/patches the solver can produce the desired results.

It looks like in this case however the extra detail was the driving force behind the extra geometry.