be freeware. Everyone who owns it is now free to give it to others

along with the key, and we'll be putting an installer link up on our

store site. How's that?

Yours,

Janet

Janet Podell

Office Manager

Anzovin Studio, Inc.

This is wonderful news. Thank you Anzovins!

Installation package with kee Code

TSM2W_107.zip

The manual is in your AM/hxt/TSM folder

Tutorial video: Live Answer Time for September 5, 2020 is a beginning-to-end demonstration of the TSM2 rigging process

AM version downdate: TSM2 still works in AM v15 which you can install and run with your current subscription license. The models you rig in v15 can still be loaded and used in any later version of A:M

1. Get the v15 installer from thread v15.0j+ (For Use with The Setup Machine 2)
  2. Run the v15 installer. Accept its default install location which should look like C:\Program Files (x86)\Hash Inc\V15.0
  3. Copy the master0.lic file from the install folder of your current A:M version to the V15.0 folder. V15 should run now without further key codes.
  4. Run the TSM2 installer. Change its default install location to your v15 folder

Neck Update: Recently (2019) I have found that, when the TSM Rigger plugin is run, TSM2 no longer recognizes the default neck and head bones as the "neck" system it can rig and list among the other systems listed in the Rigger dialog box. I don't know why that is. TSM2 hasn't changed in 2019 and neither has AM v15.

This happens on my computer but not everyone's. If "neck" doesn't appear in TSM Rigger you can use this work-around. If "neck" does appear in TSM Rigger you don't need this work-around.

Update Update: on my new computer, the above neck problem no longer occurs and the workaround below is not necessary

Workaround:

1. Download this new script  spine_and_neck.txt
  2. In the folder V15.0>HXT>TSM2>scripts rename neck.txt to neck_orig.txt
  3. In the folder V15.0>HXT>TSM2>scripts rename spine.txt to spine_orig.txt
  4. Copy spine_and_neck.txt to V15.0>HXT>TSM2>scripts
  5. Rename spine_and_neck.txt to spine.txt

This replacement  spine.txt script now includes tasks that the neck.txt script used to do. This is for default necks only. If you have used one of the other TSM2 neck options you will need to restore the original spine.txt

Anzovin Studio is releasing TSM2 as freeware since they are no longer able to devote time and resources to supporting or maintaining it. Send them your thanks, but please don't send them questions or bug reports.

Remember that the Mac version was not updated to the latest OSX so it may not work for many Mac users. "Panther" is the last OSX version that TSM2 works on

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean I won't have to laboriously rig everything myself? Like it will save time and fit nicely with my basically slothful nature? WOO WOO! Thank you Anzovin.

You know what they say: WORK is a 4-letter word.

Question for those who have used the "last" version of TSM:

Will it work with v15? I have all versions of AM back to like... 8.5, so... I could always do rigging in a slightly older version and open in v15. Also the version I had was the stand-alone application. I know that the newer one worked as a plugin. So same question I guess.

-vern

I bought their rig after they discontinued it - but I'm happy to have contributed to them. I also purchased their training videos. They're a great bunch. I will purchase more of their awesome products down the line.

Thanks Anzovin.

EDIT: Robcat: what do you have up your sleeve? ;)

Question for those who have used the "last" version of TSM:

Will it work with v15? I have all versions of AM back to like... 8.5, so... I could always do rigging in a slightly older version and open in v15. Also the version I had was the stand-alone application. I know that the newer one worked as a plugin. So same question I guess.

-vern

I bought it just a few months ago and it worked fine in v15 for me (had to use it in Windows, but I ducked back to the Mac inbetween steps.)

• Hash Fellow

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a plug-in that could create any rig? TSM2, Squetch, COGS, AM2001... whatever?

And face rigs too? And you could even mix parts from different rigs? Like the spine from TSM2 and the arms from Squetch?

And you'd never have to reset a compensate?

That would be cool, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a plug-in that could create any rig? TSM2, Squetch, COGS, AM2001... whatever?

And face rigs too? And you could even mix parts from different rigs? Like the spine from TSM2 and the arms from Squetch?

Gasp!!!! Be still my heart...

UH...that sounds like the elusive 'Make Dragon' button, almost too good to be true...

I m a bit new to this, is it usable in Animation Master

Yup! Anzovins 1st released TSM2 for A:M, and then went 100% Maya with it. They offered it for $60 (originally $100) and now are giving it away free, apparently. The downside is, with NO support or future- but I (and others) can attest that it is a hell of a rigging 'all-in-one' solution and well-worth $100. The Anzovins should put a PayPal 'donate' button on the download page...

Be patient grasshopper. The water of life drips slowly for those who rush and runs like a river for those who meditate peacefully. (Great. Now I have to pee).

Snatch the rig from my hand and it is time for you to leave.

----

Technically... Anzovin's haven't actually made the announcement themselves. They may want to make a big production out of it... confetti, balloons, funny hats, embarrassing photos from childhood, spanking... etc etc.

-vern

I remember using the original version it worked well it wil be nice to have another tool on the tool belt.....now if I can just find my pants ..(says john trying to be funny like Vern)

I remember using the original version it worked well it wil be nice to have another tool on the tool belt.....now if I can just find my pants ..(says john trying to be funny like Vern)

Funny? Like how? Like a clown, like Vern is here to Amuse you??????

:)

No no no... funny like... I'm not wearing pants right now because I work at home... that's funny... or scary... no I just checked. It's funny.

... by the way... where are my pants? I have to go to the Wawa.

EDIT: In England, pants are underpants. So... if I'm not wearing pants in England, no one would notice UNLESS I'm also not wearing trousers.

-vern

No no no... funny like... I'm not wearing pants right now because I work at home... that's funny... or scary... no I just checked. It's funny.

... by the way... where are my pants? I have to go to the Wawa.

EDIT: In England, pants are underpants. So... if I'm not wearing pants in England, no one would notice UNLESS I'm also not wearing trousers.

-vern

T.M.I.!!!

You might be in luck, Vern. It did make it to OSX, but only up to 10.3 and I think all the versions of A:M from 12.0h on require 10.4... So if you have v11 and are using Panther, it should work.

I have v11 on Panther! I did my terminator in v12 on the mac (v12 models will open in v11) and transfered it to v15 on the PC... I've so much trouble with my PC I would at least like to experiment with the rig on my Mac first.

If I can't get the mac version I'll give it a go on one of my PC versions. That machine is seriously flakey.

EDIT: v12.0q is the version I have on Panther. It may have been the last one before the Tiger version.

-vern

I emailed the company yesterday. I received this reply:

Thanks for the compliment, Andy. Yes, we have declared that TSM for AM

is freeware and can be freely shared.

Janet Podell

Office Manager

Anzovin Studio, Inc.

320 Riverside Drive, Florence, MA 01062

413-584-8004, fax 484-313-2939

janet@anzovin.com

If Anzovin's is doesn't want to offer the download from their site, I think Hash at least should host the files and have the link for both versions on the forum. It could in the third party section or something permanent. The idea of a bunch of different people with links to the same or different file or having it hosted on this and that server or whatever... sounds a bit risky and inefficient.

My concern would be a "malicious entity" using a "fake" TSM download to lure people in. I know it sounds paranoid, it sounds like a stretch, but that is how they get you sometimes. If the file is trusted and in one place then there's no question where it comes from. I just think this software/plugin should be in one place for download (and not in a post on a forum thread you have to search for).

Just my 2 cents.

-vern

• Hash Fellow
If Anzovin's is doesn't want to offer the download from their site, I think Hash at least should host the files and have the link for both versions on the forum. It could in the third party section or something permanent. The idea of a bunch of different people with links to the same or different file or having it hosted on this and that server or whatever... sounds a bit risky and inefficient.

My concern would be a "malicious entity" using a "fake" TSM download to lure people in. I know it sounds paranoid, it sounds like a stretch, but that is how they get you sometimes. If the file is trusted and in one place then there's no question where it comes from. I just think this software/plugin should be in one place for download (and not in a post on a forum thread you have to search for).

Just my 2 cents.

-vern

Ok, I'll take my link down.

You don't have to take yours down, at least it's there to get it for now. I think we can trust you. My concern would be down the road when people forget about the big news... and then there might be... 10 different places to download it. Eventually some one might search google for a download. No telling what you might get.

-vern

thanks vern now i can't download it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can you PM me the link or add it the thread again. Why you tell him to take it down ? Why it be bad if more than one site hosted it anyway??

I think Vern is on the right track. You can never be too careful.

I like the idea of the file having a permenant DL point here in the forum or somewhere on A:M's main page.

Maybe it can be included as part of next year's A:M version???

thanks vern now i can't download it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please can you PM me the link or add it the thread again. Why you tell him to take it down ? Why it be bad if more than one site hosted it anyway??

I didn't tell anyone to take anything down. I was merely making a suggestion. I'm sorry if my suggestion was taken as some command from god. I wish my clients listened too me like that. ;)

Please ignore my posts. PUt the file back up. Sorry I brought it up. My mistake.

vern.

• Hash Fellow
and then there might be... 10 different places to download it. Eventually some one might search google for a download. No telling what you might get.

Yes, it is possible that some one might use Google to find something on the web. I recall reading something about how people did that. A "search engine" they call it. How modern! Dang, I am so backwards.

Big business apparently. So they say.