Hash, Inc. Forums

Rob The Robot

Why are the two balls on his side floating in the air? Where are his arms? Does he have arms? Is he finished? Does he walk or float or fly? Are those legs or small jet cones below his body? What kind of movement does the rigging produce? Will you make a small animation with him? Is this project just for fun or for something work related? Tell us why you made him.

Nice start, looks like it has promise.

You should be able to get away with a very simple rig and with it being a robot, you wouldn't have to worry about weighting CPs for joints.

I remember Mechadelphia was working on a rigging tutorial on his website, but I'm not sure if he's dropped that or not...

Why are the two balls on his side floating in the air? Where are his arms? Does he have arms? Is he finished? Does he walk or float or fly? Are those legs or small jet cones below his body? What kind of movement does the rigging produce? Will you make a small animation with him? Is this project just for fun or for something work related? Tell us why you made him.

Nice start, looks like it has promise.

Those are his hands He has no arms. Yes He is finished. He hovers. Jet cones. He can bow move his arms turn his head and much more. Probably. Just for fun. In honor of Wall-E

That looks really cool so far! Maybe you could use smoke sprites for the jets proppeling him in the air.

I also think he should have some form of arms. Even if they're tubes. Or better yet, you could add wings, in plzce of his hands.

He doesn't need arms, as long as his feet work the same way. If it works for an "organic" entity like RayMan, then it will work for this chap.

rayman.jpg

Let's face it - if you're being critical about the absence of supporting "arms" - why not go further and mention his lack of opposable thumbs, too?

He doesn't need arms, as long as his feet work the same way. If it works for an "organic" entity like RayMan, then it will work for this chap.

rayman.jpg

Let's face it - if you're being critical about the absence of supporting "arms" - why not go further and mention his lack of opposable thumbs, too?

That's where I got the idea.

Actually his arms might be some kind of invisible energy beam that control his hands. Think of the options! His hands can go places without his arms. His hands could be on the other side of a wall and still work.

This could even be a funny gag as part of his character. ;)

-vern

I like invisible arms but lightening would be cool too. You can do that in AM even. Isn't there some kind of render as lines with random wiggles or something? I am sure I saw a simple lightening trick on the forum before.

-vern

I made him and added bones and I think he looks amazing.

post-11442-1212503251_thumb.jpg

Hmmmm......Very Interesting!

You know...I saw this, passed to the next forum, but then came back again with Interest!

I actually LIKE this Character for some reason.

He seems like such a simple Robot and it makes me wonder...What exactly can this little Robot do?

I mean....there's a movie coming out caleed Wall-E about a Robot that kinda of like the one from the move Short Circut.

You may or may not add to the Robot but I think I want to know this... ***Rob the Robot*** is about!

• 2 months later...