Hash, Inc. Forums

unseen image in a light

Ravager

alright, there is an image that i am trying to use within a light (u predator fans should recognize this) and the light type is a Klieg

post-9472-1211748239_thumb.jpg

when i place this image under the light in my model, everything seems fine, yet when i render it in choreography mode, the three dots never appear on anything the light targets... i know this may be confusing, but if anyone is good with this stuff, please help me out

thanks

Look in the shadow options of the light. They might have to be set to raytrace. Also, if you want a beam of light, you may have to turn on the volumetrics. A screenshot of what you are getting would help.

Keep in mind that the red dots will "spread" in the same way that the klieg light does. Depending on how wide the cone is and how far away it is shinning the dots could be so big by the time they get there they don't hit anything. Set the cone of the light to be really really tight and adjust it. It should even work without using raytrace shadows.

It is like standing in front of a light shinning on a wall far away... your shadow is HUGE. Or when you point a flashlight at something far away.

just a wild guess.

-vern

ok, maybe i should send one of you two the model with the light... but who wants to volunteer?

PS. im only choosing u 2 because i can trust u, as in to like not just take the model and sell it on the web, like other people would.

maybe you two could figure out the problem, because i did what you said, and nothing works.

just let me know who wants to try it out for me, if you do, that would be great.

thanks

I think I may have a solution.

If you dropped the image on the light model, under the objects folder, the light in the chor does not have an image set to it (rotoscope is there, but image set to none). Show more than drivers to reveil the rotoscope in the chor and reset the image. Or you can remove the roto from the light model and drag and drop the image on the shortcut to light in the chor.

Rather than send us the model if that concerns you, start a new very very very very simple project. Recreate what you want it to do. Something small and simple to experiment with and share with everyone.

I am working on this hideously complex terminator model. It has dozens of pistons and rotating widgets up the wazoo. I didn't want to spend hours adding bones and experimenting with a huge high patch count model to figure out my rigging so I built a simple version out of primitives that took all of 10 minutes. I used that model to experiment with bones and constraints to work out how the pistons work. This saved me hours of fiddling with the real model.

In situations like this simplify everything down to that one element you are trying to figure out. Makes it much easier. This eliminates other things that could be wrong. Maybe the lights are working but there is something in the model blocking it. If you use a simple test project you might find things like that easier.

Whenever I have problems with things like this I create a test project that doesn't have a lot of unrelated confusing elements so I can focus on that one thing.

-vern

try the light in an empty chor if you have it setup correctly you should see t on the ground if you aim it there... then if it works there.... trouble shoot in the other chor to see why it does not show..by folowing do you aimed at...

I tried adding the light to a model in the model window then adding the rotoscope in the chor and it did not work, But using a separate light and attaching the light to a model in the chor with a constraints it worked fine using the image you posted

• 8 months later...