Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Invisible Branch

SplineSoup

By complete accident, we set the skeleton of our character to invisible with Shift+I. Strangely, it seems that the same key combination will not toggle the bones back on. Shift+J is the shortcut to make the skeleton visible again and it works in this regard. However, it makes all of the bones visible including every single fan bone and control bone, leaving the screen an utter mess. Is there some happy medium between the two? Some means by which to revert to the original visible states of the bones?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Some means by which to revert to the original visible states of the bones?

Here's the painful answer: Yes, just reload the version of the model you saved before you made that error.thompoint.gif

You didn't save a previous version? :o Then you'll have to go thru and reset them individually. A:M has no way of knowing what the previous intended visibility of a bone would have been.

btw, it is possible to make an on/off pose that toggles certain bones' visibility, but again , this is something that is manually crafted.

Some means by which to revert to the original visible states of the bones?

You didn't save a previous version? :o Then you'll have to go thru and reset them individually. A:M has no way of knowing what the previous intended visibility of a bone would have been.

Since it's just a basic humanoid rig without a lot of control bones, we'll just turn them back on manually. It seems that from now on I'll need to be more careful when mashing keys! :D Now that I think about it, the same thing is true for hiding objects, that A:M doesn't keep track of what is/isn't visible prior to hiding or showing something. In lieu of this, it seems like a good idea to be able to undo a visibility change. Currently, if you accidentally hit Shift+I, you are essentially hosed for that particular model shortcut.

...fugly.

Chris

Just to be clear... what does "Shift+I" actually do? Does it hide the bones or the model in the chor? Considering the harsh warning I'm afraid to test it out. ;)

Don't forget that Shift+J works with "chains" of bones. If you want all the bones in the hand to be hidden (like all your constraint rigging bones) you "Shift+J" the hand (only bones that are descendants of the hand will be hidden), then you can just "J" the hand and it shows up leaving the other bones hidden. I do this all the time now. I shift+j the whole arm and then turn the main posing bones back on. there aren't as many of those.

-vern