Hello all...

StormedFX

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

of course the 1 yr is cheaper initially.

If you get the Disc you can carry it around to any computer and run A:M on it, the one-year keeps you on one computer. And if you need to wipe your computer or upgrade to a new one it's easy to re-install from a disc.

And the disc doesn't expire, you can keep using that version in perpetuity.

On the pro-side of the subscription plan, next year you can get the new version for the subscription price, whereas the disc version is only good for the updates from this year.

Also, with the subscription version, you don't have to have the disk inserted into your computer to launch A:M.

I've had both. It's nice not to have the CD in the machine when ever you run the program. I just started the download a few weeks ago. I have to say HASH is good about helping, I was having trouble with the access code, they worked to get it resolved.

If you look at this way: You can spend 300 and be done (after updates with in the year) or 50 a year, and get 6 updates.

If you want to try the program, I can't see any better way then to pay the 50, and test it out.

I've had both. It's nice not to have the CD in the machine when ever you run the program. I just started the download a few weeks ago. I have to say HASH is good about helping, I was having trouble with the access code, they worked to get it resolved.

If you look at this way: You can spend 300 and be done (after updates with in the year) or 50 a year, and get 6 updates.

If you want to try the program, I can't see any better way then to pay the 50, and test it out.

No. I wonder if there is any extra software comes with the DISC or not... comparing to the subscription.

No. The software is the same. The only difference is a few extra models/chors/actions which are included on the disc. But these are available for download anyway. Go with the subscription model unless you need to use AM on two machines.

Ahhh!!! Thank you, Ken!

Will it be extra $$$ to download a few extra models/chors/actions?

No... the standard-models etc. are free to download. Only if you want more of them, you would have to buy the extra-dvd or go for example to eggprops to buy other models.

*Fuchur*

Ahhh!!! Thank you, Ken!

Will it be extra $$$ to download a few extra models/chors/actions?

No... the standard-models etc. are free to download. Only if you want more of them, you would have to buy the extra-dvd or go for example to eggprops to buy other models.

*Fuchur*

Thank you, Fuchur! I am getting the subscription right now.

Can I have I have the links for those extra software for AM?

Thank you!

• Admin

The following information, taken from the New Users page linked often here in the forum, is a bit out of date:

Software Updates

When you buy Animation:Master you are buying a subscription. That means that you get more than the version of the software that is on the installation CD. You are buying all of the new tools and updates that are released during the year that you bought it. At the beginning of each year, we release a new CD, and if you want to continue updating to newer versions and getting the latest new features, you can renew for $99 annually. You may notice that Hash posts software updates more frequently than most other companies. That is because we are very aggressive about fixing any problems that are brought to our attention. Rather than wait six months between software updates, we will fix any issues as soon as we know about them and get a new release out right away. So, check the Software Updates page and the online forums to keep your copy of Animation Master up to date.

The good news is that the error there is in our favor. The annual subscription is no longer $99... its $49!

The websubscription without the CD is a new thing as of 2008.

The websubscription saves the average A:M user $50 plus postage and handing every year and you get the same full featured program delivered electronically.

Hey V

If you want more free models try my store at www.3dfrogstore.com There are ones for sale too but everyone likes to get the free ones :)

Hopefully they will all work with 15, i am still on v 14 and they all work with that.

You might like the free model a:m smiley I made. It is just an emoticon with hands. It has lip poses and squash and stretch poses, you might like it to try basic exercises with.