Hash, Inc. Forums

Animation Master does not work on my VISTA system

phunbee

I need some help. I installed the animation software no problem. But when I went to click on the desktop icon, I received an error message saying, "Cannot locate the CD-ROM: Please insert the correct CD-ROM (HASH), select the OK and restart application." I removed the CD-ROM, restarted the computer, inserted the CD-ROM again, tried to open the program from the desktop and still received the same message. I tried opening it with the CD-ROM in the disk drive, not in the disk drive, from the desktop icon, and from the pearl programs menu. Still nothing. Again I have tried opening it with and without the CD-ROM inserted into the disk drive. The pamphlet that came with the software says the basic requirements for the system were Windows XP which is the version that came out before VISTA. Meaning in order to get XP I would have to downgrade my own system. Not fun. I would assume that it would work with a more updated version of Windows but maybe the Hash, Inc. representative who sold it to me was wrong. Either way does anyone know how to get around this error message so that I can use this software and get started making some cool animated videos? Thank you.

version 14c runs well on my vista... that's not an issue.

-jon

i doubt its vista cuz i got a brand new laptop yester day and installed version 9.0...................yea that version was like 6 years ago and it runs faster than my other comp with xp.

• Admin
i doubt its vista cuz i got a brand new laptop yester day and installed version 9.0

The current release is considerably different than version 9.0.

I don't know enough to guess at the functions called by each version but it would not be unlike comparing a program like notepad.exe to Office 2007's MS Word. There really is no reasonable comparison other than they perform some of the same basic functions.

The suggestion that has worked for most people:

- Update video drivers

- Turn off Vista's Aero feature

- Disable Desktop extensions

Its always possible you have a corrupted installer... but rather unlikely.