Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

...Run Through The Jungle...

I hereby debut a vague, confusing, fragment of a tale in the process of creating itself. [albeit snippets have slipped out here and there]. The main character [bipedal and arthropoidal] is "EL Cucaracha". [Grammer, spelling and emphasis in the original]...a James Bond-style freebooter, now in the process of fleeing for his life, for reasons unknown, though those reasons are no doubt good ones.

It's the confluence two idle, non-related thoughts suddenly recognizing each other. One: 'el bog' himself was the product of pushing elements around with no particular goal in mind, and, Two: what the world really needs is a locomotive that can run on a single wheel, a 'razor-rail'.

I've accumulated nearly a dozen short renders, looking for camera set-ups. I juggled them into [hopefully] some semblence of chase narrative. You can see the whole 62 sec. at http://kelleythennow.blogspot.com/

LOCO_JUNGLE__zip__06.zip

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the concept, and the machines are cool, but I feel like there should be some swaying about since theres only one wheel. And a close up of the Cucuracha (sp?) would get us more involved in him as a character. We never get a good look at him. I severly respect that you made the steam engine crankshaft work like it is supposed to!

...And a close up of the Cucuracha (sp?) would get us more involved in him as a character. We never get a good look at him.

True, I need some closer shots. They're coming. There will be a few sequences before this, and several after. Stay tuned. [and here's a shot of 'el bog'.]

CUCCARACHA_02.jpg

Here's a still from the next 12 seconds. [somewhere around 00:06:00] If the particle streak sparks at the stack work out in the render tonight, this will be on the Blog tomorrow.

EDIT: 'Seems to be some problem uploading this video to the Blog. I'll deal with it later. Here's the new 12 sec.: my first with SFX and music.

CROSSWAYS_with_SFX.mpg