Hash, Inc. Forums

Weight Mover

TNT

All,

I received the Weight Mover with my TSM2 order.

Has anyone used Weight Mover with rev 14c?

I tried a quick test but it did not return that it ever read the lo-res/hi-res models.

I'm just trying to understand if this is user error and I need to find my error or if Weight Mover just does not work any more.

Should I be trying to use it or am I better off weighting the CP's manually for each bone?

Thanks,

It was a quirky app... naming conventions had to be just 'so'... Its main benefit was smooth weighting of dense models. Nowadays with A:M's weights able to be set in an action or pose is an intuitive way to go thru and do them 1 by 1 or bunch by bunch... you know what you want it to do- you don't need WM to guess for you...

• Hash Fellow

Anzovin's Weightmover only works on versions 12 and earlier.

Stephen Gross made a plugin that duplicates the functionality of Weightmover but for A:M versions 13 and up. I haven't tried it yet.

"Transfer AW"

http://www.sgross.com/plugins/index.html

Thanks for the feedback

As you may have guessed from my posts, I am learning rigging and weighting.

Is there a good tutorial on understanding fan bones, cog bones, weighting, and how to best apply them?

Maybe I'm looking for too much but I was hoping for instance to find one that shows a shoulder.

Then explains where and why fans are put in certain places, what constraints to add to make the shoulder move well.

How to weight the joint and whether to weight the fan or the geometry bones or both, etc.

Maybe I just need a good example model with fully functioning joints to reference.

This can be a very daunting subject to try to understand without some direction and examples.

Thanks again for the help,

Is there a good tutorial on understanding fan bones, cog bones, weighting, and how to best apply them?

This tut won't answer alllllll your questions, but it is a good one to get started with control point weighting.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29734

Great tutorial!

I downloaded the tut and stepped thru it.

That helped a lot.

Now I'm working thru the example model and looking at how the intermediates were done for the knees and elbows.

Also looking at the constraints that were applied.

Seeing even a simple example done by someone who knows what they are doing helps solidify what you already know and clears up what you don't.

It's starting to make more sense now.

Thanks!