Hash, Inc. Forums

Soft Rendering

Masna

Hi everyone,

I've noticed some of the renderings people are use are soft and almost gradient like. The rendering setting that I always use is just final, which looks sort of like plastic. Does anyone know how to get a softer rendering?

Masna

Hi everyone,

I've noticed some of the renderings people are use are soft and almost gradient like. The rendering setting that I always use is just final, which looks sort of like plastic. Does anyone know how to get a softer rendering?

Masna

Try using Ambient Oclusion. I bet is what your looking for.

I'm interested in this too as I have never experimented with it... It seems that everyone uses it to just show uncolored stills, never colored animations. Is there a reason why not?

I have used it for a short 5 sec animation of my ferrari spinning a 360. 5 sec took at 1 hour a frame, took 150 hours to render. Thats why it left out of most animations. But for stills its perfect.

http://hostileninja.cgsociety.org/gallery/ here is a link to my portfolio... It will open the render i was talking about. The AO render took 150 hours, the wire took 50 min. I then keyed out the wire background so that the AO shadows could still be under it.

Very cool! :lol: I really like that song. What's it called? But that took 150 hours!?

The son is from Daft Punk and its called "around the world, better faster stronger". And yeas the 1, 360 of the car with AO took 150 hours. I just looped it in post.