Hash, Inc. Forums

Velociraptor

Thanks. I've been thinking about doing some tests with motion tracking recently. I was thinking about trying out SynthEyes. I never heard of PF Hoe. In your opinion, which do you think is better?
PFHoe is really great, simple to use and very cheap (£49). Compared to SynthEyes it does the job pretty well, however since it is so simple you don't have all the settings and tweaking. All in all, I recommend it, and the price definitively makes its a bargain

As always, your modelling and texturing is excellent Stian.

That whole test scene reminded me of the TV show Dinosaurs from a while back. "Not the mama!"

It would be pretty funny to see these two raptors standing around the water cooler having a conversation about their weekend. And what is kind of bizarre is that I am watching Jurassic Park on TV as I type this. Right now the T-Rex is trying to chew his way into the car holding the two kids. Oops, there goes one of the tires!

Al

I just checked out the PFHoe website, but it only has the cost in Euros. Is it not available in America?
Its download software, so I see no reason to it not to be available

Here is a new render. I've tweaked the walk cycle some more. I might be able to tweak it even more, but then my animation skills (or lack of skills) hits the dead end. My main concern right now is the transition between the walk cycle and the growling action, not sure how to do it (I used blend)

velociraptor.mov

Hi guys!

Here is the the final clip. There is still a problem with the walk -> growling transition, but I have spent to much time trying to figure it out, but no luck. I'll try to add some sound to the clip later today, since Pinnacle somehow wouldn't let me play of any sound on my laptop and therefor made it hard to edit. Let me know what you think

Best regards

Stian

velociraptor.mov

Stian ... very nice as always and always and always ... the texture is amazing and your setup whit PFhoe is perfect. I acquired PFhoe too ( 2 months ago ) but I can't reach this result yet.

Isn´t velociraptor bigger ???

Thanks! A tip I recently learned about PFHoe to get the best result ,is to delete ALL the bad trackers (containing yellow and red. Some yellow is acceptable though). About the size of the dino, this is from Wikipedia:

Velociraptor was a mid-sized dromaeosaurid, with adults measuring up to 2.07 m (6.8 ft) long, 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb)

Thanks! A tip I recently learned about PFHoe to get the best result ,is to delete ALL the bad trackers (containing yellow and red. Some yellow is acceptable though). About the size of the dino, this is from Wikipedia:

0.5 m (1.6 ft) high at the hip, and weighing up to 15 kg (33 lb)

Thanks for the tip Agep ... I´ll try it ...

then the velociraptor is a small "cute" dino ... living and learning ...

I thought it measure more than 1.5 meters tall ...

Thanks again

The Wikipedia article touches on this:

"Velociraptor (commonly shortened to 'raptor') is one of the dinosaur genera most familiar to the general public due to its prominent role in the Jurassic Park motion picture series, although in the films it was shown much larger than it was in reality and without feathers as well as having other anatomical inaccuracies."

It says that real velociraptors were turkey-sized.