Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Architectural renderings

Godfrey

My office is going to be relocating soon, and my boss asked if I could help draft some preliminary plans to give to the architects. I used A:M to lay it out, rendering out a slice of the walls in wireframe mode for the paper plans, then modeled like a monkey on crack over the weekend to put in some "set dressing":

sm-Lobby1.jpg sm-Lobby2.jpg sm-Lobby3.jpg

sm-Conf1.jpg sm-Conf2.jpg sm-Conf3.jpg

Click the thumbnails for larger versions. Sadly, I ran out of time and only got about a third of the way through making the props for the office area, so I won't be posting those until I've finished them. (At which point I'll render with soft shadows, as well...) Still, I was happy enough with them, and they did highlight some problems with the specifications (some of the existing lights in the space will have to be moved to avoid the new wall placement, for example).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Dragonranja and DarkLimit...

The lights were all spots, except for one fill light underneath (oops, which I just noticed I forgot to change the tint to match the new carpet color; oh well) and a sun which was supposed to come in through the windows, but once I actually stuck in the glass it did so much less noticeably. No global illumination or ambiance.

Yeah, once I've got all the props finished I'll be doing higher-quality renders (soft shadows, maybe some radiosity, possibly even some focal blur), but I had to crank them out overnight so I could print them up this morning, which meant just basic single-ray lights (given 45-120 minutes per frame at 2048x1536 resolution, depending on how much glass was in view).