Hash, Inc. Forums

Any users in northeast Ohio?

This seems like a long shot since I'm posting from Amish country, but are there any animasters in the area or Wayne or Ashland counties? Anywhere in Ohio?

Dont get me wrong, but Amish-people arent allowed to use computers, are they?

*Fuchur*

There's old order and new order. New order can use electricity, cell phones, various tech, as long as it's on a prepaid basis. They can't owe outsiders. That's why they have their own banks. Of course, there aren't only Amish here. I figured with five colleges in this county and enough farmland to supply them all with weed, there'd be a few people interested in cartoons and movies. Does O state not have computers? What's going on here?

'Oh how I hate-Ohio State'---Not me, Michigan bumper sticker.

I have a thing called a 'Frapper' in my signature (below) that is like a map where all/any Hasher's can stick a pin into to show from where they hail.

I got a job offer last week from a place in Warren, OH...it was tempting, I've been thru there and it's nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm brand new to the A:M scene so Greetings to you all ! I'm the Motion Graphics Coordinator and Lead Animator for the Cleveland Cavaliers and we just scored A:M this morning , so I'll be posting on here in the near future once I get some projects completed . In the meantime , feel free to hit me up to bounce ideas off , etc.

Lata lata !

Gulley .

• Hash Fellow
I'm brand new to the A:M scene so Greetings to you all ! I'm the Motion Graphics Coordinator and Lead Animator for the Cleveland Cavaliers and we just scored A:M this morning , so I'll be posting on here in the near future once I get some projects completed . In the meantime , feel free to hit me up to bounce ideas off , etc.

Welcome to A:M!

And if you have questions, this is the place to ask. (The whole forum, not just this thread)

Thanks so much !

I'm very impressed with the User Community here on the Forum . There is so much creative potential it's amazing ! And the community projects are the exact kind of collaboration that I cannot wait to get involved with !

Hi Gikefod! WELCOME!

Good choice using A:M for scoreboard/sports graphics. I do work for the Detroit Red Wings scoreboard and A:M suits me and the work to a 'T'. I am sure you are going thru the learning process, and we'll all be happy to help if you have questions. I'll bet one of your first models will be a BASKETBALL...and I happen to already have one in my library all textured for close examination. If you are interested, I'll post it to the 'Contributors Cue' forum.

Hi Gikefod! WELCOME!

Good choice using A:M for scoreboard/sports graphics. I do work for the Detroit Red Wings scoreboard and A:M suits me and the work to a 'T'. I am sure you are going thru the learning process, and we'll all be happy to help if you have questions. I'll bet one of your first models will be a BASKETBALL...and I happen to already have one in my library all textured for close examination. If you are interested, I'll post it to the 'Contributors Cue' forum.

LOL ! Yeah , well , a basketball is kind of essential to say the least . But for sure , if you wouldn't mind posting it , I'd appreciate it . Incidentally 95% of my 3D modeling and animation experience has been via Zax PA and with the last animation that I made for the "Tonight's Matchups" I pretty much cached it out ; I don't think that there was any feature that went unused . Needless-to-say , upon completion of the project I immediately started researching into other 3D graphics and animations packages and for a host of reasons I chose A:M and lo-and-behold here I am ! And I must say I am thoroughly content with my decision . As I said before this forum is absolutely amazing ! The amount of information that can be gleaned is mind-boggling ... Any time I'm rendering out any animations from AE , i find myself perusing a host of topics on here . And as soon as I'm finished with the TAOA:M and the Ultra Bootcamp I'm gonna be hopefully jumpin on the Scarecrow of Oz project . I figure there's no better way to beef-up my skills than by jumping head-first into a big project . Also , I must say that I am thoroughly impressed by the TWO movie . I showed the intro sequence to my girlfriend last night and told her my plans to jump on the SO project ... LOL ! Her reaction was basically something to the effect of "Great ! Now I'll never see you..." She was joking of course , but , as I'm sure you can relate to this , all of us computer-oriented artists spend copious amounts of time on our projects , for work no less , and now I'm gonna have a whole other project outside work to sink my teeth into . I doubt I'll ever leave my workstation/dungeon-lab here at the Quicken Loans Arena .

... anyways , I'll post more soon ... I gotta power-down the ol' MACPRO cuz one of our glorious IT guys is about to drop 8 more GIGs of RAM into this badboy . Lata .

Ps - so how do ya like workin for the Red Wings ? How long have u been involved with them ? I do work for everything that comes through the arena , which includes our AHL hockey team , the Lake Erie Monsters . Concerning them ol' Red Wings , I think I saw a youtube video that shows the intro light show with a bunch of animations projected onto the ice . Is that u guys ? If so , very cool stuff ! Unfortunately our little hockey team doesn't quite have the budget for such a system . Aight I'm out .

I am now uploading my Hash Basketball (see image) into the contributors cue for one and all. You might notice it is unconventionally made... I would probably go about this totally different (procedural textures) today...but dang if it does not look good. You can alter the maps in Photoshop to put a logo on it.

Hashketball.jpg

After our hockey game last night- two of my beer-drinking teammates got into an arguement/bet over who could skate faster...so they laced up and raced to settle the bet. It reminded me that I had made a scoreboard animation for Belle Tire that shows on the Grand Rapids Griffons scoreboard between periods. Some Hasher's may have already seen this:

http://www.campbellanimation.com/MC_mov07_BTpuckrace.mov

Yes- that's TOM and his family in the stands. I had an assistant last summer and assigned him with that animation...and then I showed him how to rubber-stamp it into a crowd...

Many thanks for uploading the basketball model ... very cool indeed . I also checked out the demo reel on your website ... excellent stuff for sure . And that mini-race on the ice definitely has inspired me to try out a project in the same vein ... Anyways , have a good one ! Gulley .