Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

recovery help on model

DJBREIT

I was working on one of my models and AM experienced a problem. I hit save and it messed up my file. And the last back up I have is just the head. Can someone see if they can recover a model file. If you think you can give it a shot “post”, I will be grateful

I will not be posting the file since to many people will try and download this file and crash there programs.

I get Exception #039, trouble saving patches.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would email customer support on that. I know this doesn't do any good now, but do a "save as" and name the model_1, model_2, etc as you are working. So that way when this happens again....and it will....you won't lose so much work.

I don’t think customer support will be of any help on my file. I have looked in the file and it seems the patch, normals and attribute sections did not save. If someone has a trick up there sleeve on how to recover the other stuff post it

I have also placed a request on A:M report for a save backup system for A:M.

Customer support can do amazing things - they have rescued model files for me in the past. Of course theres no garantee. but it might be worth a shot. There are a few add ons that back up am to a seperate drive or folder available. Prjsaver.exe saves numbered versions of a project to a seperate file, and saver.exe,although written for AM will save multiple versions of any file on windows.

Chris

No need. I rebuild half of the model last night. And in the next day or so I should be back to where I was. Luckily I did not get in to the point of adding the rig and beyond.

I am just surprised A:M did not have a simple back up system already installed as standard. Since there are constantly up dating the program every few months.