Hash, Inc. Forums

Motion Capture

Kaijin

Hey I had AM a year or so back and got busy and ended up giving it up and now am considering coming back to it.

My question does anyone know about any decent and affordable motion capture suits that are compatible with AM as well as maybe some tutorials for it. Thank you all for your time and I am sorry if this has already been posted.

If you're looking for full-body motion capture, OptiTrack is probably the most affordable solution ($5000):www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack

In case you like to work with facial motion capture you can take a look at my software, Zign Track and A:M Track: www.zigncreations.com/zigntrack.html It is affordable, but it doesn't do full-body motion capture (yet).

(yet).

Oh? Are you dropping a hint? How cool would THAT be...are we all going to need to paint a room in our house black? If so, I already have one.

(I shouldn't be asking this, he thinks...) Why do you have a room in your house painted black, Mr. BigBOOte?

(yet).

Oh? Are you dropping a hint? How cool would THAT be...are we all going to need to paint a room in our house black? If so, I already have one.

(I shouldn't be asking this, he thinks...) Why do you have a room in your house painted black, Mr. BigBOOte?

Doesn't everyone have a black room in their house with all the windows blacked out and a 2 x 6 x 2 foot box in the center with dirt from your homeland lining the bottom of it? :lol:

(yet).

Well, I am making plans for future versions with much more possibilities. I'm not sure when Zign Track will be capable of full-body mocap, but I'm hoping to get there... So, don't start painting all your rooms black :lol:

If you're looking for full-body motion capture, OptiTrack is probably the most affordable solution ($5000):www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack

In case you like to work with facial motion capture you can take a look at my software, Zign Track and A:M Track: www.zigncreations.com/zigntrack.html It is affordable, but it doesn't do full-body motion capture (yet).

So for AM track you don't need any sensors or anything? Just a video file of the face from the front and them talking?

Also what kind of video file does it have to be?

So for AM track you don't need any sensors or anything? Just a video file of the face from the front and them talking?

You need some marker stickers on the face, like you can see in the demo video. At this moment only AVI files are supported.

You need some marker stickers on the face, like you can see in the demo video. At this moment only AVI files are supported.

DO they have to be some kind of special sticker? Sorry for sounding dumb I just have never worked with motion capture before especially one like this.

DO they have to be some kind of special sticker? Sorry for sounding dumb I just have never worked with motion capture before especially one like this.

You can use standard label stickers. If you can't find small ones, you can cut larger onces into small pieces.

You can use standard label stickers. If you can't find small ones, you can cut larger onces into small pieces.

Thanks for the reply and the help, I'll keep this in consideration if I decide to come back to AM

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...