Hash, Inc. Forums

Rooster

Xtaz

Hi friends...

I am editor of a live talk-show ( livevideo all mondays 7:30pm brazil ), which deals exclusively about my soccers's team Operário Futebol Clube ( In fact the team is not mine of course). Its mascot is a rooster.. then I decided to model one to use in some animations between interviews.

tomorrow I'll begin to SQUETCH it....

mascote0.jpg

Hi Hashers...

While I work on the Squetch rig ( step by step here ), I adjusted the model because I found him too thin, so I added more "muscle" in his belly. I changed his red comb now it's more "punk"... and added feathers.

1mascote_pena0.jpg

Thx sebastian...

People said he was very weak and with an infant body, especially your arms ( as you said they seems too long )

I increased his biceps and forearm adding muscle in these parts...

I exclude the feathers because they harm the time of render....

mascote_21_abril0.jpg

Thx sebastian...

People said he was very weak and with an infant body, especially your arms ( as you said they seems too long )

maybe it´s a brazilian thing, my exexex-girlfriend was a brasileira, and her mother had those giant chickens from brazil, i was a bit frightened when i saw them the first time ;) but again, i really liked the first one better, but that´s just my personal opinion. i think it all depends on what personality he will have... if he´s going to be funny, a bit clumsy and messes things up i would definately go with the thinner version... but if he´s going to be a world-class athlete and nothing goes wrong when he´s kicking the ball the muscle-packed version might be better. i´m really looking forward to the animations!

Thx sebastian...

Just my opinion but he looks a lot better WITHOUT the feathers. The added beef up looks perfect.

Great work!

• 4 years later...

well... I'm back to this project. Sullivan is the mascot of my soccer team.

Mark Skodacek worked in the rig to bring it to live... here is its first moves :)

nVleBehd5f0

• Hash Fellow
well... I'm back to this project. Sullivan is the mascot of my soccer team.

Mark Skodacek worked in the rig to bring it to live... here is its first moves :)

nVleBehd5f0

That looks cool, Marcos! Good Rigging, Mark!

Yeah! Great stuff! You can get easy 2ndary motion on the feathers of his hair by adding a bone child of the head bone and then giving it a dynamic constraint in the chor... I would also make 2 pose sliders for the hands where they form into a complete fist... and then slightly keyframe that up and down, maybe going all the way to a fist when he kicks the ball- but this adds life and keeps the hands from looking so static... and he has BIG hands! AND- I'm sure you plan to animate his eyes.

The animation almost passes for mocap... VERY realistic! The ball looks a little floaty at times, you could play with it's channel curves to give it more mass feel... I will shut up now!

Yeah! Great stuff! You can get easy 2ndary motion on the feathers of his hair by adding a bone child of the head bone and then giving it a dynamic constraint in the chor... I would also make 2 pose sliders for the hands where they form into a complete fist... and then slightly keyframe that up and down, maybe going all the way to a fist when he kicks the ball- but this adds life and keeps the hands from looking so static... and he has BIG hands! AND- I'm sure you plan to animate his eyes.

The animation almost passes for mocap... VERY realistic! The ball looks a little floaty at times, you could play with it's channel curves to give it more mass feel... I will shut up now!

Hey John thanks for your comments.

About the "hair", it's already with dynamic constraint... I believe the motion blur have some kind of issue, because as you can see in the wireframe render ( attached ), the "hair" is working fine.

Here is a shot of final render with some weird blur (hair / hands) ( 16 passes )

emb106.png

The face rig isn't done yet ... :(

About the animation I struggled to make it as best I could... I'll work in the ball mass.

Thank you again, your comments are always welcome.

shaded.mov

• Hash Fellow

I recall a past problem with multipass motion blur where if, say, it was set to 16 passes it was taking the 16th pass from the previous frame and adding that to the first 15 passes from the current frame, so there would be a slight ghost image one frame out of place.

If you can reproduce that problem that would be a good AM report.

• Hash Fellow

that looks like a simulation problem different than the choosing of the wrong passes to combine.

That looks like something that must be solved by baking the dynamic constraint before rendering.

• Hash Fellow

I've done a few tests with simple moving objects and multipass and can't get the ghost image you had. Multipass seems to be choosing its frames correctly.

Perhaps something else is going wrong with your render.