Hash, Inc. Forums

Error 'wrong host for license (-4)

garvey

i bought and installed my copy of AM whislt i Was in my college library on their wifi network, I'm now sat in a different part of the library and the wireless network is not working, not your fault, lol. But when I run A:M I get the error message wrong host for license (-4).

why is that, I won't be going home for another two hours yet, do I need to be connected to the net for A:M to work?

You need a connection for the first time you connect and licence it.

After that it shouldnt be necessary. Hopefully your licencing was successful and there was not a wireless lan fallout while you was licencing or something.

*Fuchur*

this is a result of something that causes your primary network adapters MAC address to change- typically the cause is a virtual adapter used for VPNs-

the changing MAC address needs to be resolved, then we can issue a new key tied to your permanent MAC address-

this is a result of something that causes your primary network adapters MAC address to change- typically the cause is a virtual adapter used for VPNs-

the changing MAC address needs to be resolved, then we can issue a new key tied to your permanent MAC address-

i disabled some vmware services and was given some instructions as to what to delete and also supplied with a new key, all is up and running and I'm a happy bunny so thank you for your support and your help

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I tried starting AM this morning and received this same message. I don't have any other applications running so I have no idea how to fix this... If someone could offer a solution to my problem then I would greatly appreciate it. Also if you do offer a solution can you tell me how to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks,

Mark

• 1 year later...