Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Importing Hash Action Results In Distorted Walk

kalibur

I placed Rabbit into a new project (I have all rights to Rabbit). I then imported the Walk Action from the Hash Folder and the resulting action has Rabbit twisted into a pretzel with no changes made by me. Attached is the project. This is version 10.5. Any help would be appreciated.warpedrabbit.prj

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Your PRJ doesn't include either the Rabbit model or the walk action (you'd have to embed them, it's in their properties) so we can't tell much from that.

Most likely explanation: the rig used in making the action is not the same rig inthe rabbit you are using. They have to be the same rig for actions to work correctly.

But if you want to make your own walks (you really do!) here are some tuts on the subject...

GenericWalks-BlockingMP4.mov

GenericWalks2-MP4.mov

GenericWalk-Breakdown1_MP4.mov

Robert,

These are excellent learning videos for walks. You've made a lot of really good videos in the past. Have you ever thought about compiling them on to a CD or just getting them all in one location as a sort of "Roberts School of Animation" CD or link. I KNOW a lot of people would find a resource like this very useful. Just something to think about.

George

• Hash Fellow
Have you ever thought about compiling them on to a CD or just getting them all in one location as a sort of "Roberts School of Animation" CD or link.

Thought about it, but it's like about #382 on the list of A:M things I have to get out of the way. sisyphus.gif

Your PRJ doesn't include either the Rabbit model or the walk action (you'd have to embed them, it's in their properties) so we can't tell much from that.

Most likely explanation: the rig used in making the action is not the same rig inthe rabbit you are using. They have to be the same rig for actions to work correctly.

But if you want to make your own walks (you really do!) here are some tuts on the subject...

GenericWalks-BlockingMP4.mov

GenericWalks2-MP4.mov

GenericWalk-Breakdown1_MP4.mov

i have already made walk cycles for rabbit and thom but in between last school year and this school year all my walk cycles were erased and my teacher is telling me to use one of AM's "reusable" actions.

When you apply a reusuable action to a character, you would do it in the choreography.

1. Load rabbit model into the project.

2. Load action into the project.

3. Create a choreography.

4. Drag the rabbit into the choreography

5. Drag the action onto the rabbit.

I downloaded your project, could not figure out what you had done to the walk, but when I loaded the Resolute Walk from the disk, and dragged it onto the rabbit in the choreography, it works fine.

Of course you need to have a path to make the rabbit walk along it.

This is covered in exercise 5 of the Art of Animation Master, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.hash.com/2007web/reference.htm

And, Robert, that has to be The Classic Walk Cycle video. Thank you very much.

Project:

nonwarpedrabbit.prj