Hash, Inc. Forums

Is backwards Head normal?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I'm working thru the directions that come withthe squetch rig...

First question, when you say "reset the compensates", you really mean rightclick>"set to default", right?

0, 0, 0 ?

Presuming that... when I complete the step at the end of "1":

In the "Animation_Controls/HEAD/NECK/head_and_neck_orient_like_chest" Pose, reset the

compensate on head_orient_like_chest ("orient like spine_FK_3_chest") at

100% and 0%

Is it normal for the head to be facing backwards at 100% and forward at 0%?

?

No, resetting the compensates means editing the relationship/pose and adjusting the offsets in the constraints. Set constraint enforcement to 0% hit the compensate button and reset the enforcement back to 100% (or what was there to start with).

Reset the compensates at 100% (using above method) then hit the compensate again and set it back to 0%. You want to have the same offset at 0% and 100%.

Your head is facing backwards at 100%? It should be the same at both 100% and 0%.

• Hash Fellow

For the moment I'll presume the head turnig is because I incorrectly set the compensates to 0

however... This step doesn't say what enforcement level to reset at:

In the "Rig_Components/torso/neck/head_constraints_folder/torso/neck/head_constraints" Pose,

reset the compensate on the chest_and_arms_to_chest_target_SQUETCH ("orient like spine_FK_3_chest")

100? 0? both? something else?

the next one does explicitly say what levels to do:

In the "Animation_Controls/HEAD/NECK/head_and_neck_orient_like_chest" Pose, reset the

100% and 0%

So, I'd conclude there is something different about the two but I don't know what exactly is wanted in the first one.

Are compensates ALWAYS reset at both 0 and 100 even when the instruction don't say so?

For the moment I'll presume the head turnig is because I incorrectly set the compensates to 0

Yessir, that would be my guess.

however... This step doesn't say what enforcement level to reset at:

In the "Rig_Components/torso/neck/head_constraints_folder/torso/neck/head_constraints" Pose,

reset the compensate on the chest_and_arms_to_chest_target_SQUETCH ("orient like spine_FK_3_chest")

100? 0? both? something else?

That constraint should be reset when the Pose is "on" to the value that is already assigned (100% enforcement).

the next one does explicitly say what levels to do:

100% and 0%

So, I'd conclude there is something different about the two but I don't know what exactly is wanted in the first one.

Are compensates ALWAYS reset at both 0 and 100 even when the instruction don't say so?

The compensates are reset at both 0 and 100% when they are percentage Poses. The compensates are reset on on/off Poses in both the on and off settings when they have an FK/IK switch hand-off in them. If the instructions don't specify, assume that it means to reset the compensates in an on/off Pose with the Pose on.

The Poses listed on the installation instructions with the FK/IK switch in them are:

right_arm_FK_IK

right_shoulder_steady

right_arm_steady

left_arm_FK_IK

left_shoulder_steady

left_arm_steady

right_leg_FK_IK

left_leg_FK_IK

eyes_aim_at_Master_EyeTarget

Hope that helps, Robert.