Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Copying Pose Keyframes from One Copy of Model to Another?

largento

I'm re-rigging my Flemm model and was thinking that I would be able to drag the old relationships (mouth poses, etc.) from one copy of the model to the new one. After all, the mesh is the same.

But it's no-go.

I even tried opening up the relationships and copying the keyframes and pasting them into new relationships on the new model, but nothing happens.

Is there some way to do this I haven't guessed at or am I doomed to have to recreate every muscle pose?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunetly CPs have numbers which are different in each model so... you can't copy them. That's one reason using bones (which can have names... which can be the same) is better and there are other reasons. If the meshes are the same... why not just copy the 1st model with the muscle poses? If for some reason this is not going to work, you can capture images of the mesh and use these as rotoscope to guide you.

Hope that helps!

Rusty

Thanks, Rusty.

I feared as much. I should've just started with the original file and deleted all of the bones instead of copying and pasting the mesh into a new file. Oh well, lesson learned. :-)

The rotoscope is a great idea. I'll give it a try.

There was a similar problem with hair and groomed hair... and it was solved by "importing" just the head of the model or something like that (not drag and drop).

I did do something similar a long time ago with a text editor on the "raw" file. I had a file that got "squashed", I had two versions, one with the model intact but no relationships, one with the relationships but the model wouldn't open. If the mesh is really identical and the bones are the same... you might be able to copy and paste the relationships... but since you say you are "rerigging" it all depends on how much has changed... names of the bones, positions rotations etc.

Depending on how much work is involved... it might just be easier to redo those relationships.

-vern