Hash, Inc. Forums

2d charachter

Jeffnewc

Heres my 2cs worth. I'me sure theres many ways of doing this, but here's one.Apologies if its too simplistic

Step 1.

View from above.Start with a 2 pt spline. Position 1 cp at x=0,y=0,z=0(Use "show manipulator properties" in the toolbar.Put the other about 5cm on the x axis.

Step 2

Open tools/options/modeling. Set Lathe cross sections to 12. Lathe the spline

Step 3

Delete the center

Step 4

select the spline, press "r" for rotate, rotate 90 degrees in the x axis.

Step 5 View from the front.Hit "mirror mode" and work on one side of the mouth.Constrain cps to "y" axis by pressing shortcut key "2"("1" is x, "3" is z) and push up or down cps to achieve a nice shape.If I wanted a 3d mouth I would also use "3" and view from the top.

Step 7

Hit "mirror mode" again to turn it OFF.Select the spline and extrude. Hit lock, then select spline.In the PWS, select the untitled group in your model and scale in the x/y axis seperately using transform/scale.Hit "mirror mode" once again to turn it ON.Again push the cps to a nice shape.

Step 8

I added two extra rows of splines in the top lip and 2 in the bottom.Select the top lip and make a group. Do the same for the bottom lip to help with poses later.

Step 9 and 10

If you have a rotoscope, I would use it to help position the splines in their final "bored'" closed mouth position(Dont wait till now - use it before is better).Here I found one one the internet and used it as a lip decal as well.

Step11 and 12

You can create poses now. I made one for open/close and wide/narrow as a quick test, but you can make any of the Preson Phenomes

I've included the prooject file

Chris

Mouth_stage_1.jpg

Mouth_stage_2.jpg

Mouth_stage_3.jpg

lips.zip