Hash, Inc. Forums

Where's the LegIK...and other things

Kelley

I've got Bucky Bugg nearly done. But the Foot Controls don't move the feet in the Action Window. Someone posited that I don't have the LegIK turned on. I'm sure this is somewhere in the Pose Window, but can't find it. Can someone point it out?

Second, could someone just take an over-all glance at the 2001 Rig installation, and tell me if I've missed anything else?

Thanks much.

BUCKY_BUGG__.zip_.zip

BUGG_BONED.jpg

The relationships are messed up, they reference the bones with a 2 on the end.

Delete the relationship folder. Delete all the poses in the user properties. Open the 2001 rig and drag the relationship folder from the 2001 rig to your model name in the PWS. That should fix it.

The IK legs are located under the rig>setup folder.

The balance control bones are out of position. They are correct from the front view, but not the side. The balance setup should be out in front of the model, you don't need to reposition them from a side view, only a front view.

Once you get that straighten out, we'll look again at it, to see if there are other things that need to be fixed.

First, I checked the Anzovin website. According to them, The Set-Up Machine 2 [my version] is, in fact, discontinued and worked last on [some builds of] A:M v.13. Since I'm now on v.15, that's that. Pity.

Moving on...I opened the 2001 Rig as a new model in the Bucky Bugg .prj...but the Relationship folders cannot be dragged from one to the other. Neither will they delete, although 'Delete' is shown as an option when I right-clik the folder.

So...I moved the Balance bones to the fore. And I went through each sub-folder in Relationships and changed the numbers.

I see the ArmIK and LegIK in the Rig>Set-up folders. Each bone in these folders has a question mark icon prefacing it. Does this mean that the On/Off state is not yet set?

How does it look now?

BONES_QUESTION.jpg

BUCKY_BUGG__.zip_.zip

Relationship folders have to be dragged onto the model name.

TSM 2 works in v14, so you should try it in v15.

I did drop the folder onto the model name. Nothing happens. Can it be because there's already a Relationships folder there? [which I cannot delete]

In comparing the contents of the two Relationships folders, I see that while the bones in the [newly imported model] 2001 Rig have question marks before the bone name, the Bucky Bugg bones have a 'bone and folder' icon before the bone names. Is this because the Bugg bones have CP's attached to them?

I installed TSM2. It seemed to go well. But when I right-clik the model to get to Plug-Ins, TSM2 does not appear in the list like it used to. [i did do a re-start] Any ideas on how to shake it loose?

2001 rigged model: Hilight the main relationship folder (under the groups folder) and hit the delete key on the keyboard. Select the the hands and rig folders in the user properties of your model and hit the delete key on your keyboard. Once deleted open the 2001 rig in the same project. Drag the main relationship folder (under the groups folder) to the name of your model in the PWS. This all takes place under the main objects folder.

Don't know and don't care about TSM.

Relationship folders have to be dragged onto the model name.

TSM 2 works in v14, so you should try it in v15.

I did drop the folder onto the model name. Nothing happens. Can it be because there's already a Relationships folder there? [which I cannot delete]

In comparing the contents of the two Relationships folders, I see that while the bones in the [newly imported model] 2001 Rig have question marks before the bone name, the Bucky Bugg bones have a 'bone and folder' icon before the bone names. Is this because the Bugg bones have CP's attached to them?

I installed TSM2. It seemed to go well. But when I right-clik the model to get to Plug-Ins, TSM2 does not appear in the list like it used to. [i did do a re-start] Any ideas on how to shake it loose?

check that all tsm2 files are in the hxt directory for v15. Than check that A:M is pointing at the correct hxt folder.

2001 rigged model: Hilight the main relationship folder (under the groups folder) and hit the delete key on the keyboard.

mtpeak2: Thanks. It would seem that the 2001 is finally installed. "Hi-lite and use the Delete key"? Never saw that one coming. Seems every time I have to change something in the PWS, I have to right-clik and make a choice from a Dialog Box. So I right-cliked, and chose Delete...it being the only choice offered. How foolish of me.

The other nice thing is that I, at last, can do a 'paste mirrored'. Periodically I attempt it with one of my home-made rigs. Never works. Can I asume that 2001 or Squetch is mandatory in these cases?

Thanks again.

• Hash Fellow
The other nice thing is that I, at last, can do a 'paste mirrored'. Periodically I attempt it with one of my home-made rigs. Never works. Can I asume that 2001 or Squetch is mandatory in these cases?

Paste Mirror depends on very accurate symmetry of the bones and having the key filters set exactly right.

Paste Mirror depends on very accurate symmetry of the bones and having the key filters set exactly right.

Thanks, robcat. 'Key Filters', you say? Another concept to be "wrassled" with. Could you point me to a text, or discussion, on Filters? Thus I will be forearmed for my next attempt.