Hash, Inc. Forums

An issue with modelling - Nothing is round anymore

Hello Fellow A:Mers, and thank you for your time and assistance with my problem (beyond my own stupidity, of course).

After recently upgrading to v15, one of my projects has lost all of its 'roundness'. Everything in the model now contains harsh edges, even spheres have become a lot of little straight lines from CP to CP. I did check to see if the Peak and Smooth controls would help, but alas, I cannot find an answer.

I have opened some of the models that came with the program, like KeeKat, and he has not suffered any 'loss of roundness'(sorry I cannot describe this any better).

BUT, when I do render my model, he returns to the nice smooth creature he was initially modelled as.... even his big, round, sphere eyes are rendered round and smooth, but the model is still a jagged mess.

I greatly appreciate any help, and of course, your time in reading this and possibly answering my post.

Thanks for even having an option like this forum... it's fantastic.

Sab819

Try using the page up button on your keyboard this should hopefully sort out your problem.

Jay

Jay,

Dude, you rule... Thanks so much for your quick, precise assistance. It may seem like a little fix, but I promise, you made my week.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Take care,

Seth