Hash, Inc. Forums

modelling a face

jim dodds

• 1 year later...

i m playing with a:m for 1 month now. I m from lightwave whitch s a polygona modeling l software. Something "Bizarre" happened to me when i met this very very discreet software.This software need to make people thinking like an "Artisan" a Noble definition.

Play with these very natural , and evident tools like a kid. This guy Martin Hash , and his team of passionated people, did long time ago an intelligent and mathematical software. Easy to understand for "non trigonometrek artist like me".

Unfortunatly i can t prove it ( consider it like the "string theorie" , you got it on paper but you can t experience it.)

With A:M everythig is possible (and some time it s very frustating) every button can be magic.

The pen and paper technique is the way to model anything. i don t like this word but"planning is the way to be friend with Animation Master".and with every tools.

i m going to post this in another subject but it s good to understand and to see what people are modeling just with there fingers an hands.

ok people are going to debate about "bias","gamma","curvature tension" and blah blah blah , but this guy is doing so inteligent "flow that he can make every thing".

pardon me for my english and please look at that..the flow ...

http://formesdefer.free.fr/formfer.htm

experimentation is the way ....

Maddle: If you or anyone are looking for a tutorial on modeling faces/whole characters in A:M -

The Colin Tutorial is a good start - but does not create a spline layout that is the best for animating.

The Malo Modeling Method Tutorial creates spline layouts that are excellent for animating, and he describes a generalized, logical method for A:M that can be used for just about anything. Wonderful! I highly recommend it, especially if you want to animate your characters, and have minimal splines.

I believe Malo is a native french speaker. So sometimes the text, translated into English is a little confusing. But I could make sense out of everything just by the wonderful and complete pictures.

The screen captures are excellent - so one doesn't have to read much text at all. Perhaps he has a version in french?

Maddle: If you or anyone are looking for a tutorial on modeling faces/whole characters in A:M -

The Colin Tutorial is a good start - but does not create a spline layout that is the best for animating.

The Malo Modeling Method Tutorial creates spline layouts that are excellent for animating, and he describes a generalized, logical method for A:M that can be used for just about anything. Wonderful! I highly recommend it, especially if you want to animate your characters, and have minimal splines.

I believe Malo is a native french speaker. So sometimes the text, translated into English is a little confusing. But I could make sense out of everything just by the wonderful and complete pictures.

The screen captures are excellent - so one doesn't have to read much text at all. Perhaps he has a version in french?

thank you Nancy,

i just wanted to say ( i m using lightwave from version 4) that if you understand the philosophy you got better chance to understand a language.

the mathematic idea of the continuity of a curve is not in range of my "brain capacity" but the or theses guys who bring us this , to and for us it s just" magistral" .

A:M deserve better. ;)

Hi,

I am breton native speaker and french speaker, but i don't speak english :(

So, Nancy, or anyone else, if you think you have time to translate it in good English or ameliorate it, don't hesitate. I would be very glad and thankful.

There are older french tutorials at :

http://forum-amstudio.forumpro.fr/modelisa...n-patch-t25.htm

http://forum-amstudio.forumpro.fr/tutoriau...toscope-t45.htm

http://forum-amstudio.forumpro.fr/tutoriau...sonnage-t47.htm

So, Nancy, or anyone else, if you think you have time to translate it in good English or ameliorate it, don't hesitate. I would be very glad and thankful.

Malo - I'll see what I can do. My English isn't that good either, AND I'm a native English speaker.

I read French a little. Oddly I found that the French made a little more sense. Go figure.

Hey guys do you remember this software "Organica" 'i was young with hair on my head) anyway may be it can be use for rapid prototyping or what. Like Malo did in his great tuto.

http://www.imagine3d.org/modules/wfdownloa...d=6&lid=160

ps: ok i ve started an enhanced translation where can i post the Work in progress.

Malo j ai commencé un nouvelle traduction si tu as des changements à faire d abord tiens moi au courant !

Waow!!! Thank you very much...

I don't know how it is possible to work together. Any suggestion will be good.

Maddle, you can found Gerry's and Nancy's mail on their website.

Maddle, pour l'instant, je n'ai pas de changement à faire par rapport au PDF. Peut-être plus tard, rajouter une partie sur l'utilisation des hooks, et parler de quelques avantages à utiliser cette technique par rapport aux raccourcis de selection et pour ajouter des splines. Mais je n'ai pas encore pris le temps de mettre mon nez dedans. Si tu vois de ton coté des choses a rajouter, n'hésite pas. Merci pour ton travail.

Maddle, pour l'instant, je n'ai pas de changement à faire par rapport au PDF. Peut-être plus tard, rajouter une partie sur l'utilisation des hooks, et parler de quelques avantages à utiliser cette technique par rapport aux raccourcis de selection et pour ajouter des splines. Mais je n'ai pas encore pris le temps de mettre mon nez dedans. Si tu vois de ton coté des choses a rajouter, n'hésite pas. Merci pour ton travail.

your welcome Monsieur.

Malo , je n ais rien à ajouter ! :) point de vue modelisation je suis a l ouest :) (y a des trucs que je ne pige même pas) de toutes façons je t enverrais mes trads en premier lieu par contre je traduis d après le site francais de A:m , redonnes moi un lien sur ton PDF.

Salut Maddle,

Celui du site en français est plus vieux...

Le PDF est plus complet et mieux structuré. Voici le lien http://treser.net/AnimationMaster/modelingacharacter.pdf

Tu trouveras mon mail a l'adresse suivante en cliquant sur @ du crayon. http://treser.net/degemer.htm

(je ne le poste pas ici, car il existe des aspirateurs de mails qui balaient les forums, et je ne veux pas être spamé.)

Salut Maddle,

Celui du site en français est plus vieux...

Le PDF est plus complet et mieux structuré. Voici le lien http://treser.net/AnimationMaster/modelingacharacter.pdf

Tu trouveras mon mail a l'adresse suivante en cliquant sur @ du crayon. http://treser.net/degemer.htm

(je ne le poste pas ici, car il existe des aspirateurs de mails qui balaient les forums, et je ne veux pas être spamé.)

okdoki je te tiens au parfum.