Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Graphics Tablet

Stronghorn

Does anyone use a Graphics tablet and if so, how is the interface with AM? Would it work with the 3d painter program? Just doing some research for a wish list

item in the future....Thanks for the feed back... I finally finished a character, just some tweaking to do and now on to rigging :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used graphics tablets and tablet pcs

Both work well with 3dPainter and AM, although for AM most of the time I find a mouse easier to use than a Wacom tablet. If however, you find yourself working on the run a lot, the tablet pc setup works pretty well for AM. You lose the keyboard shortcuts and you have to setup a few extra buttons, but it's a comfortable way to work on a bus, or in a cafe.

If you use paint programs with a tablet of any kind you'll never want to draw it with a mouse ever again. It's a life changing experience, you get to apply all those years of learning to draw with a pen plus bonuses like pressure sensitivity.

3d painter is no exception, it's far and away better with a tablet.

Thanks your great responses, another qustion though...Is anyone familar with the Bamboo graphics tablet, a price that for now is more in my budget.

I have one. I haven't used it much yet but as far as I can tell it works fine. I don't think I'll use it to model though. Maybe I should try it...