Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mechanical model

agep

Hi guys

I've just started modeling a new model. I want you guys try to guess what it's going to be, while more and more gets revealed along with the progress. So far I've just modeled the belts, but more to come. The mesh is insanely dens though, but that is due to various bevels and holes. Let me know what you think so far

mech1.jpg mech_wire1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Your work is among the best. And it is proof that Animation Master can achieve the very highest professional standards not only for organic and character modeling (and animation) but for mechanical and architectural applications as well.

Looking forward to seeing the model develop.

That's a great electric razor you are making. (Am I right?)...

But seriously, I thing the yellow surface on the main body is a little too reflective. It appears a little too glossy, like nail polish.

By the way, is all your lighting achieved with AO, or do you also have some lights in the scene?

Joe.

Thanks guys!

thing the yellow surface on the main body is a little too reflective. It appears a little too glossy, like nail polish
I agree. But I haven't worked much with the materials yet. I'll probably tune down the reflectivity some and hopefully add some dirt

By the way, is all your lighting achieved with AO, or do you also have some lights in the scene?
In this case its just AO

Would love to see a wire when you get the chance
Of course, here you go:

mech1_wire1.jpg

I must know...the tracks, are the (will they be) rigged?
It would be fun to have them rigged, but I've rigged some tracks before (I made a robot with tracks few years ago, with much less tracks), and that was really much work. So I guess I probably wont do it, unless I need the model for some animation

My guess would be a Liebherr PR752 bulldozer, vintage 1999. but then I'm only guessing. ;)
Wha... Huh... How? What? How did you guess that? I'm impressed! ;)

However, my dozer is more an frankendozer, due to a mix of various references of the 752, ranging from mid 90's till now. Btw, thanks for the image! I haven't seen this before. Its going to help me a lot. Also, its good to see an image where you see how glossy the paint actually is, when its clean that is

Thanks guys. The materials is still just for testing. I might adjust them when the model is done

I am sure this has been asked a million times, but how do you make chrome look like chrome?
Its not the material, but the environment that is the most crucial. Rendering with soft reflections also helps on the look

when your done with that project, can you convert it to one of these?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/17/...ain624297.shtml

Apparently, there is more to the story as allegation of improper city council meeting with a intent to take over this guy property.

Nonetheless, his bulldozer was pretty awesome and would have won hands down at those wrecking machine cable show.

I know you did a car crash animation, plane crashing animation, and I am one step ahead of you and know what your thinking! You are oblige to show us your bulldozer car crushing animation!

You are oblige to show us your bulldozer car crushing animation!
It sure would be cool! But I dont think I have the time to do such a project

It would be great to see a 360 degree rendered spin on the completed model
I'll see what I can do about that:)

do you work from schematics or blueprints? I cannot imagine eyeballing it to such a high degree of precision.
I have a few blueprints (linedrawing) that I use, but they dont match very well. And I have a few photos of it. Some eyeballing do occure though. I've linked to one of the blueprints:

blueprint - sideview

Here is also a new update:

mech5.jpg

You are oblige to show us your bulldozer car crushing animation!
It sure would be cool! But I dont think I have the time to do such a project

So, I guess making a Transformer out of the bulldozer (like your Mustang) is out of the question.... :D

Al

So, I guess making a Transformer out of the bulldozer (like your Mustang) is out of the question.... :D
You guessed right for sure ;) That Mustang was a lot of work I tell ya. I had to plan the transformation from the beginning.

Here is a new update. I've tried my best to dirt it up, I don't think I can do better than this. It was a good exercise though. Keep in mind its not done yet. I got some more dirt to add (especially on the wheels). Anyway, let me know what you think

mech6.jpg