• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

I would suggest selecting the area you want to work on...

Then whack the period key to invert the selection...

Then press the H key to hide the rest of the geometry.

This will allow you to see better what you are working on.

The splines themselves I would rotate into place in the front and stitch in other areas as needed.

If you want to go above and beyond you might copy and paste the cockpit area you have now and adjust it as a separate piece.

You'll have to break the splines in the body of the aircraft of course.

Hey,

ummmmm......yeah i was more looking for which ones to move but that works i guess. My problem is that when i move the CPs it completely distorts the plane. Ill try ur idea but could u go inot a little more detail on rotating the slines. I dont get what ur meaning by that do u literally hit the roatate button and rotate it?

Thanks

Geoff

• Admin
ummmmm......yeah i was more looking for which ones to move but that works i guess. My problem is that when i move the CPs it completely distorts the plane. Ill try ur idea but could u go inot a little more detail on rotating the slines. I dont get what ur meaning by that do u literally hit the roatate button and rotate it?

I try to steer clear of telling people what to move at the CP and spline level wherever I can.

If we did that it might be just easier just to have someone else model it. ;)

If someone wants to go CP by CP with you though thats fine by me.

Occassionally we'll all draw on top of your pictures and give suggestions of course.

But don't be afraid to try it yourself. Stitch in those splines! Then post more images!

Yes, when rotating you will have to use the Rotate button.

This will take some time to get use to but experiment... save often too.

That way you can go back to an earlier version if you adjust something too much.

When rotating you can change the pivot point (which will determine where the points rotate from).

When in doubt start a new simple model and experiment with that until you feel comfortable.

Then apply what you've learned to your more complex model.