Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Making A hammer

AMkyle

Hello, everyone whos looking at this. i made a hammer and it looks great i think. i added wood and steel materials to it, but the place where the materials touch together that doesnt look realistic at all and i needed some help to make it look more realistic. Also the head of each side of the hammer has this black thing on it and i dont know what it is.

post-11497-1201932031_thumb.jpg

if any of you can itd be great if you could help me out and give me tips.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well. you have a good start. you may wanna consider making a separate hammer head and a separate hammer handle, the would make it look a lot better. Also for your black blotch problem, the control points in the center are intersecting each other. All you need to do is enlarge those CPs

and that should do it. (Be sure their moving away from the center and not farther into the center. HOPE THAT HELPS!

I agree with Rooky Animator's suggestion to model the head and the handle separately. Mechanical and rigid objects that are not going to stretch and stretch to any large degree, will not benefit from making it all one continuous mesh. A hammer is normally made of 2 parts (except for the all metal ones that are cast), so the seam that will show where they join will actually make it look more real.

If you prefer a solution for your existing model, then decals would be one. The other would be to add or rearrange splines to physically model the seam where the handle meets the head.

As for the black areas, a screen snap of wireframe would better allow us to point out what the problem is.