Hash, Inc. Forums

squetch rig - some looks different as in the tutorial video

thefreshestever

hello @ all...

i´m trying to rig a character with the latest version of the squetch rig with the help of the video-tutorial... almost everything worked as in the video until i installed the rig, the bones that were displayed then were totally different ones than in the video, and i just couldn´t figure out which to hide and unhide before auto-assigning them... on the legs for example i saw many little bones instead of the thigh and the calf bone as shown in the video...

i know there´s no updated tutorial yet, but is there any chance to get the squetchrig-version (04_25_2006) used in the tutorial? i think it would be much easier for me if i could follow the tut step by step for the first time, otherwise i guess my head will explode.. ;)

thanks...

i know there´s no updated tutorial yet, but is there any chance to get the squetchrig-version (04_25_2006) used in the tutorial? i think it would be much easier for me if i could follow the tut step by step for the first time, otherwise i guess my head will explode.. ;)

There have been a lot of fixes and updates since that version...and I'm not sure I have that one anymore, I'd have to do some digging to see. It won't be very much longer until the next release, that one is going to make the rig stable for a long time (barring any problems that are found) and will allow me to put together an updated installation tutorial. There isn't a set timetable, but it will be done as quickly as free time permits.

There have been a lot of fixes and updates since that version...and I'm not sure I have that one anymore, I'd have to do some digging to see. It won't be very much longer until the next release, that one is going to make the rig stable for a long time (barring any problems that are found) and will allow me to put together an updated installation tutorial. There isn't a set timetable, but it will be done as quickly as free time permits.

thanx, i´m really looking forward to it, you´ve done a really great job with that rig...

thanx, i´m really looking forward to it, you´ve done a really great job with that rig...

A lot of people in the community have made contributions to the rig (it's a very long list), it wouldn't be half as good without the help I've gotten. At the moment, Mark Skodacek has been working with me on the spine update that's going to be in the next version...it's going to be a lot better. Once that is finalized, we'll get an update released, then the tutorial. I don't think it will be too much longer.

A lot of people in the community have made contributions to the rig (it's a very long list), it wouldn't be half as good without the help I've gotten. At the moment, Mark Skodacek has been working with me on the spine update that's going to be in the next version...it's going to be a lot better. Once that is finalized, we'll get an update released, then the tutorial. I don't think it will be too much longer.

David,

Is the next update going to require the latest version of A:M to run?

David,

Is the next update going to require the latest version of A:M to run?

The spine update relies heavily on the FK/IK switch, so that means it would be impossible to make a v11.1 version (a cut-down re-designed version might be able to be done, but it wouldn't be the same spine at all). The FK/IK switch is partially supported in v12 (the animator would have to manually set keys when switching), so I could probably make one for that if there are requests for it.

The Posable installation method requires v13s or better because exporting models from an Action had problems before that. In order to not confuse people, I was hoping to show just one installation method in the tutorial I'm going to put together. So, I was thinking of going with a v13s or better installation as the standard. If I make any other versions, like a non-Posable installation version for v12 or v13, they probably wouldn't be part of the installation tutorial. If I go that route, I'll also have to make Posable installations for the Quad rig so that the installations are similar.

So, I could make non-Posable installations for v12 (that would also cover pre-v13s) if necessary, but if I did they probably wouldn't be part of the installation tutorial. That's what I'm thinking at the moment, George.