Hash, Inc. Forums

exercise 11 giraffe

• Admin

The repeating patterns make me think perhaps your student applied the image as Patch Images rather than as a Decal.

Even then however that doesn't seem to account for everything we are seeing.

Can you share the project file (combined with the image)?

You will have to zip it up with a program like Winzip (on a PC) or Stuffit (on a Mac).

• 2 months later...

im having trouble decaling my giraffe how do i do it as i can't understand the manual.

The inside legs of my giraffe arn't decaled am i missing something?

Also when i apply the top seam.tga it dosn't look fit in proportion to the other decals.

When you apply a decal, it gets applied to whatever is showing at the time. You can reapply the decal too, if it does not look right. You can also delete the decal in the PWS. I think it took me several applications to get it right, and I don't think it was ever perfect; the giraffe tgas are not that great.

So if your inside leg didn't get decalled, hide everything but the inside leg, and apply the decal again.

The scale depends on how zoomed in you are to the model. You can resize the decal before you apply it, by dragging the corners (hold Shift down to keep aspect ratio).

I found that it's worth creating my own decal exercises to see exactly how the various options work. I opened the cylinder primitive from the models library and one of the stone images from the images library and applied and reapplied until I had it down.