Hash, Inc. Forums

George Bush animation

http://www.gentlechifitness.com/images/skulls_and_bone.wmv

This project made me wish for the new NLE capability in ver 15

BTW It cost me $2 to fill my tank with gas. Are people really paying $50 for a tank of gas?????

I made 2 clip with flame and without flame then played with the transparency control in the animation. The paper being burn made the edge too sharp. Any suggestion on how to make paper burn more realistic?

I think I solve a burn constitution problem.

I made a transparency map of the constitution and then render it out to a layer then place that on top of the old sequence animation layer and render the new top view of the animation. Thus getting rid of the sharp edge of the burn marks.

$2 for a tank of Gas? Where do you live? Out here, one gallon of unleaded gasoline costs about $3.30. I usually get around 11 gallons of gas, so that costs me about $36. How many miles per gallon does your car get? Something drastic has to be done with energy before the United States goes into a recession. I could really see solar panels on the tops of every house in America and millions of people driving an electric powered car. Free energy for everything in the house, and your car would really boost the economy. It probably will not happen until gas costs go up to $8 a gallon and we blame a scapegoat for the economic problems.

I get about 70 miles per gallon with my little Honda (reference to the song "my little Honda" scooter advertisement) Aero 50cc

I haven't had a car in a year now, and can't believe people pay this much already. $100 per year on insurance on the Honda(that's 2 tankful for most folks).

This animation made me realize that I need to keep at it. Not happy with the arm movement.

$2 for a tank of Gas? Where do you live? Out here, one gallon of unleaded gasoline costs about $3.30. I usually get around 11 gallons of gas, so that costs me about $36. How many miles per gallon does your car get? Something drastic has to be done with energy before the United States goes into a recession. I could really see solar panels on the tops of every house in America and millions of people driving an electric powered car. Free energy for everything in the house, and your car would really boost the economy. It probably will not happen until gas costs go up to $8 a gallon and we blame a scapegoat for the economic problems.

I think shutting down the oil industry would crush the economy and then we'd really be heading into a (we are probably already there) recession..... Think about how many jobs would dissappear.

Crazy, almost seems like our economy is oil, doesn't it?

I get about 70 miles per gallon with my little Honda (reference to the song "my little Honda" scooter advertisement) Aero 50cc

I haven't had a car in a year now, and can't believe people pay this much already. $100 per year on insurance on the Honda(that's 2 tankful for most folks).

This animation made me realize that I need to keep at it. Not happy with the arm movement.

I agree. The lipsynch looks pretty good to me but the body animation is a little crazy like.... I would say, act out the movemnets yourself, then only use about half of what you did in the mirror in your animation.

Well gas is supply and demand. Does anyone know the last time a company was allowed to build an oil refinery in the United States? The late 70's. It has been outlawed because it's so bad for the environment. Keep this in mind when we're paying $4.00 a gallon some day.

So we have the same amount of refineries pushing out gas as we did almost 30 years ago, most likely hundreds of thousands more cars then in the 70's. Supply and demand, it is that simple.

This country is not allowed to produce to its fullest capability, and people wonder why gas is so high?

Thanks Liberals!

We are actually running out of fossil fuel, and they stop making refinery because in the 70 was the peak of production, and because of Jimmy Carter we sustain the supply a little longer. It is predicted that if we keep going the way we are that we won't have enough for everyone in 15 years. I know your from Michigan, as I was from, and the car industry hype is very strong there. This war we have with the Iraq has triple our cost for the barrel. When there is less gas in the world all the prices of gas goes up, whether you get fuel from other country or not. Can the world sustain the level of green house effect even if we have enough fossil fuel to live by? I don't think so, as too many indication of the living system shutting down. Water will be the next goldmine of the future.

A lot better :D but I'm sure we could still find points for you to work on :P

I am so sick of Bush voice, but I would like to hear your critique, for this or the next time. I think next time I would add a few more facial control, such as the deep furrow frown look. and the pushed in squinty eye look like he staring at the sun. I should of study other people impression of Bush before setting up the pose slider for the face. But from what I have seen on youtube, its mostly stiff CG animation or south park cartoon animation. I think I should of bobble his head more and have him not look down at the bike.

Okay, one more time! I get back to ya!

Ok...green house....fine....take a look at this:

http://www.weatherquestions.com/Roy-Spence...bal-warming.htm

Dr. Spencer is a professor at the University of Alabama, and offers some good information about the green house effect. I also recommend watching the "Plant Earth" program on Discovery Channel. After watching one episode, it is very hard to question if us small mortals are able to harm or fix this planet.

As for oil, how do we know if there is any in the US if we're not allowed to look for it? The "Get rid of oil" chant sounds good, and makes everyone feel warm and happy, but it's not realistic. An everyone group that talks about the green house effect totally blames humans. There have been volcanic eruptions that have put more gases into the air then us humans could if we tried.

http://volcano.und.edu/

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/volcanoes/facts.asp

I do agree that water will be the next gold mine. Keep in mind that many States have a lot of taxes based on gas, so get ready for law that tax water.

How is it now?

I knew that I would get a political rant, but lets head it off here. I am a liberal and thats all there is to it. I know we started on the gas prices, but you can go to the off topic and rant there. I just want to make a Bush impressionist piece for the animation skill set and do it with humor. It's one thing to animate, but another to try to capture the heart of the person action. I regret that I don't have Bush voices, as I would have like to add laughter and another comment, such as "now watch this drive". But to use what they actually said and use it for another scene is even better. I couldn't find a wave file for the "Now watch this drive" part. so this is it.

• Hash Fellow

I think to make the paper burn more realistically you will need to get the fire coming from the edges of the paper you intend to be burning, rather than just from the motorcycle.

Is it possible to use an animated image map to control where particles are coming from? I'd look into that.

The hand gestures don't seem to be very "George Bush". Look at some news conference footage and see what he does.

I think to make the paper burn more realistically you will need to get the fire coming from the edges of the paper you intend to be burning, rather than just from the motorcycle.

Is it possible to use an animated image map to control where particles are coming from? I'd look into that.

The hand gestures don't seem to be very "George Bush". Look at some news conference footage and see what he does.

It took me 2 whole day of rendering the 91 frame of flame for each scene. I composite the rest into the flame. The flame at that isn't realistic. I have tubes of the flame running along the edge of the burning part and it doesn't seem to registered that part at all. I don't know if anyone tried to burn paper with particles? I love to see it done well. I would love to see the paper actually rip apart as real paper do.