Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animation finish

AMkyle

OK i have an animation that ive made thats about 10 seconds long, but it starting to say itll take about 2 days just to render out all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or like 42 hours, is this going to be really that long ir will the time shortenup a lot??? because ive got to have this done in less than 24 hours. AYE KARAMBA!!! its for a friends birthday present.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK i have an animation that ive made thats about 10 seconds long, but it starting to say itll take about 2 days just to render out all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or like 42 hours, is this going to be really that long ir will the time shortenup a lot??? because ive got to have this done in less than 24 hours. AYE KARAMBA!!! its for a friends birthday present.

If you want it done and you do not mind shaded renders that's sthe fastest way to go. To do this when you render click advance then 2nd tab is options then top line is quality click to right of that and selected shaded render. After that is done you can do a final later on when you have 2 days to render it ;)

shaded_render.jpg

If you want it done and you do not mind shaded renders that's sthe fastest way to go. To do this when you render click advance then 2nd tab is options then top line is quality click to right of that and selected shaded render. After that is done you can do a final later on when you have 2 days to render it ;)

ok what im starting to see is that it says time remailing about 2 days (in hours) but the average time says about seven hours and that sems a lot shorter. is the average time the real time or the time remainig the real time.

The average time is the average time A:M is taking to render one frame of your animation based on the total frames rendered so far. I'm guessing that you have lots of hair/particles, lights, reflections,sss, or effects in your animation. Whatever. There are many things that will turn rendering into a long and anxious wait. Try to elliminate as many of those things as possible to get rendering down to something that you can live with. Two days isn't too long to wait if the render turns out well but you will soon wish that you had optimised your project more.

ok i found out that i have a lot of models.. about 6 trees 4 sidewalks 2 shaggys 2 street lights a fire hydrant a telephone booth and a truck. also the animation is 222 frames long with 24 fps. im doing a final render too with alpha buffer, final, shadows and reflections, levels 2

Would this happen to cause a long render????

• Admin

The models shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Your render settings though...

There are a lot of factors that go into render times.

For my part I'll start with suggesting rendering to a low resolution.

What do you have your resolution set for? (see attachment for what to look for)

If you just want a quick test to see how everything is looking (we all like to see our work animated!) keep it set to 'Low', 'TGA' or 'VGA'.

"Mini" is probably going to be too small. ;)

For tests I usually keep the framerate down to about 30 frames.

When rendering consider how many frames you really need to see.

You can tell A:M which frames to render.

If you have Multipass on (see other attachment) you will probably want to turn it down (or off).

I suspect that you have it turned off but... I can't see from here.

As others have suggested... If you want faster rendertimes... Turn all that extra stuff off!!! ;)

Resolution.jpg

Multipass.jpg