Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Final rendering in project one

Scenic18

Hi everybody,

I don't know if I have a glitch or what, but I have had this A:M software for a while and I am finally getting around to using it. I went through the first tutorial (still image of Keekat) and hit the "render to file" button, saving it as a targa file on the desktop as in the online tutorial and the final scene just renders black, no KeeKat. What did I miss?

Thanks!

Bob

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have lights? No lights means darkness.

I can't find a menu to turn them on. I did try turning off the alpha channel and rendering as a tga file but that didn't do it. Also, when I drag KeeKat into the choreography window, I don't see the grid on the floor and the background is black (above the floor).

You have to right click on the chor>New>light. If this isn't covered in the manual, it probably should be.

Y'know, it's not covered in the online tutorial but I sure did just light the crap out of that thing. Thanks, I am going to have fun learning to use that feature.

I rebooted my computer and launched A:M again and for some reason, it worked this time. I just went with the standard file settings and it rendered properly. So I guess the problem is solved.

Thanks Ken!

Back later!