Hash, Inc. Forums

Godzilla X King Ghidorah: Vengeance Project

I'm very new at this kind of stuff, so I thought I would post here to get help and suggestions. Right now I'm adding bones to the model, and having major problems with the hands/fingers acting on there own.

Here's some stuff though.

Gprogress4.jpg

Godzillaheadcomplete.jpg

post a closeup wireframe with the bones or some animation showing the bones, ask some specific questions and someone will probably jump in with an answer.

This is the problem, when i move one finger using the animation bone, all the other fingers move with it.

post-11540-1199776243_thumb.jpg

post-11540-1199776254_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

that sounds like the bones have the wrong heirarchy (the bones of one finger are mistakenly children of another finger bone).

you can rearrange that in the project workspace window. Objects>your character name> bones

• 2 weeks later...
All I have to say is I was always a big fan of Rodan!

And the Robot that could grow! forgot his name....

Jet Jaguar! Any ways Finished the Ghidorah Model.

FinalKingGhidorahPose3.jpg

FinalKingGhidorahPose1.jpg

Does anyone know how to BLEND textures?

very cool. I remember that robot... wasn't it called Giant Robot. As a kid I remember watching all those movies with my cousin on late Friday night shows.

The giant turtle Gamera was one of my favorites.

very cool. I remember that robot... wasn't it called Giant Robot. As a kid I remember watching all those movies with my cousin on late Friday night shows.

The giant turtle Gamera was one of my favorites.

Jet Jaguar

You could check out Mechadelphia's Rigging tutorial:

Part 5 talks about Bone Hierarchy.

I was having trouble with bone hierarchy as well so I tried te website. I was going to start the rigging tutorial when it asked me to download the model but apparently that type of file is not compatible with A:M. I'm running version 13.0 so I don't see what the problem could be. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Do you mean Basic_Rig_Training.zip?

A .zip file is a compressed file, and the things inside it need to be unzipped before using. If you are using Windows, you can right click it, and click Extract All. If you have the same settings as me, the file Rig Training Robot (Tutorial).mdl will be in the folder Basic_Rig_Training\Basic_Rig_Training.

This is .mdl is a model file that can be dragged into A:M or right click Objects in the PWS and Import it.

Do you mean Basic_Rig_Training.zip?

A .zip file is a compressed file, and the things inside it need to be unzipped before using. If you are using Windows, you can right click it, and click Extract All. If you have the same settings as me, the file Rig Training Robot (Tutorial).mdl will be in the folder Basic_Rig_Training\Basic_Rig_Training.

This is .mdl is a model file that can be dragged into A:M or right click Objects in the PWS and Import it.

Thanks for the help! :)

Sincerly,

Masna

I have never used this plugin - I tend to do things the hard way. :)

However, I believe that you download the mirrorbone.zip file. Then right click it and Extract All. This should give you a MirrorBone.hxt file. Copy and paste this into the A:M Plugins folder. Mine is C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V15.0\hxt

Restart A:M and it should come up as per the tutorial.

I haven't done this section yet - I think I should.

However, I believe that you download the mirrorbone.zip file. Then right click it and Extract All. This should give you a MirrorBone.hxt file. Copy and paste this into the A:M Plugins folder. Mine is C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V15.0\hxt

How exactly do I access the A:M Plugins folder? I went to the control panel, went to Hash inc. but coudn't find it.

Hey,

Nice models man when do we get to see them fight? I cant wait to see Godzilla destroy Tokyo lol Keep up the good work man!

Geoff

Hmm, Not sure If i'm gonna make a city, that's beyond my model making ability at this point. Not to sure how to start.

Does anyone know how to blend textures?

How exactly do I access the A:M Plugins folder

This is for Windows XP - I don't know how to do it on a Mac.

1. Locate your MirrorBone.hxt file

2. Right click it and left click Copy

3. Click Start Menu > My Computer

4. Click the Folders Icon on your top toolbar to show a list of folders on the left hand side (If you don't have this, you will have to double click your way down to get to the hxt folder, instead of doing the next step).

5. You need to click the plus signs next to

My Computer

Local Disk (C:)

Program Files

Hash Inc

V15.0

6. Click the hxt folder on the left hand side, and you should be able to paste the MirrorBone.hxt file on the right hand side.

7. Restart Animation:Master

There are several different ways to do the above, depending on how your Windows XP is configured.

You can't get to the Plugins folder (the hxt folder) through the Control Panel, only Windows Explorer.

And sorry, Mikal, I just realised we hijacked your post.

Not quite sure what you mean by blending. Are you using decals or materials?

Simple answer -

decals - do the blending in Photoshop,

materials, use gradients, I think - not too sure on that.

And by Photoshop, I mean Gimp, Paint .Net, Photoshop Elements, PaintShopPro, whatever art program you have.

How exactly do I access the A:M Plugins folder

This is for Windows XP - I don't know how to do it on a Mac.

1. Locate your MirrorBone.hxt file

2. Right click it and left click Copy

3. Click Start Menu > My Computer

4. Click the Folders Icon on your top toolbar to show a list of folders on the left hand side (If you don't have this, you will have to double click your way down to get to the hxt folder, instead of doing the next step).

5. You need to click the plus signs next to

My Computer

Local Disk (C:)

Program Files

Hash Inc

V15.0

6. Click the hxt folder on the left hand side, and you should be able to paste the MirrorBone.hxt file on the right hand side.

7. Restart Animation:Master

There are several different ways to do the above, depending on how your Windows XP is configured.

You can't get to the Plugins folder (the hxt folder) through the Control Panel, only Windows Explorer.

And sorry, Mikal, I just realised we hijacked your post.

I just have ONE more question (I know theres been a million and then some). Now when I right click the bone the plugins are gone! :o Even though I didn't delete any of the other plugins. Did I do something horribly wrong?

Not quite sure what you mean by blending. Are you using decals or materials?

Simple answer -

materials, use gradients, I think - not too sure on that.

I'm Using Materials, Dark Tree Symbiont Textures.

I'm Using Materials, Dark Tree Symbiont Textures.

This example does not use DarkTree, but simple red / blue to illustrate the technique, as I don't think that the DarkTree will work in the attachment to the forum. To use DarkTree instead of the red / blue, just change the red attribute in the red material, and the blue attribute in the blue material.

Project File:

GradientRedToBlue.prj

Normally both these materials would be in one single material, with different node levels, but I found that DarkTrees did not like to have two DarkTrees in one material, so I split them into two.

post-9673-1202454598_thumb.jpg

The main thing to notice here, is the xyz position of the materials. I used Render Lock Mode (Next to the quick render button at the top) on, so that I could fine-tune, and it immediately renders.

Both materials go from Y 50 to Y-50, each material has half colour, half alpha. The red material has a red attribute for the first half, the blue material has a blue attribute for the second half. Changing the Y values changes the blurring amount. I am not completely certain that I have the optimum Y values - you would have to experiment. Make sure you experiment on a simple shape like the Cylinder before moving to a complex shape.

Once you have understood the simple red / blue, you can just change the red and blue attribute to DarkTrees

This is the dino skin blending to holstein cow.

post-9673-1202454606_thumb.jpg

Note - there appeared to be a glitch when I changed red and blue attributes to darktree - they did not 'take' until I changed the other blank attribute to darktree and then back again to blank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Hash Fellow
Can anyone help me rig this model? I've tried again and again and i keep getting hung up.

Sorry I missed your earlier question. Post a short clip showing the part not working and it will be easier to sugest a fix.

great looking monsters!

Rather than using bone fall off, try manually weighting the CPs. Here's a quick tutorial page I did about how to do it:

cp_weighting.gif

With a little experimentation, you should get good results. I know this was a big obstacle for me when I first started. I couldn't find any documentation on how to do this and it was a mystery. I finally saw it done in one of the video tutorials and it was a revelation.

Hope it helps you, too!

Rather than using bone fall off, try manually weighting the CPs. Here's a quick tutorial page I did about how to do it:

cp_weighting.gif

With a little experimentation, you should get good results. I know this was a big obstacle for me when I first started. I couldn't find any documentation on how to do this and it was a mystery. I finally saw it done in one of the video tutorials and it was a revelation.

Hope it helps you, too!

Mark, Dagnabit, I thought I had all of your wonderful tute pages rounded up and held in a place of honor in my A:M Tute's Folder. This must be new? Regardless, keep them coming. I LOVE these. thanks, Myron

(And now back to our regularly scheduled program)