Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I don't think I ever showed this...

Back at the last mascot contest I started to work on a couple of characters that I intended to turn into a very short short. I did a number of animated tests before deciding to scrap one of the characters and start again. As I was sorting through some folders today I came across some of these old tests and I realised that this stuff might never see the light of day again so I decided to post a sample here incase anyone is interested.

and some pre-race warmup:

:)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Those are a real treat Paul!

You are really strutting your stuff there.

Great use of A:M's motion blur on Rabbit!

That feature seems designed for him.

Wonderful work.

Thanks very much for sharing them with us.

Here are a few frames from each of the videos for those interested.

It was hard to find a clear shot of Rabbit as he was moving so fast! :D

TortoiseAndHare001.jpg

TortoiseAndHare002.jpg

Thanks, guys!

These models were never finished. The rigging needs to be finished, everything needs weighting and a new set of textures need to be painted. I decided that I didn't like the design of the tortoise and started sketching out some new ideas but then abandoned the project.

jzawacki, thanks for the link. I don't know those characters but I'm sure that I have seen that little duck popping up all over the place. Floyd looks much cuter than my tortoise model. I was going to push him more towards a zaney look than cute because he is a bit of an eccentric.

This was another look but it was too dino-like:

Having a stretchy shell just wasn't going to work well with textures.

There were alot of other little furry creatures that needed to be modelled too and I spent far too long trying to get Hare's fur to look right. I never quite got there.

I agree with Robcat. I really like the 2nd one.

I also like the sketches that indicate he was going to have a numbered jersey track outfit, as well as speed goggles - very cute(in a good way)

I also wonder what does it matter if the texture stretches if you were going to enter him as a mascot ?

Nice work! I always look forward to your stuff. Sorry for not responding in my last topic but I am without a computer right now and have to use one whenever I am able. The answer was no, none of my character are rigged. I plan to learn that this year.

jzawacki, that is a cute series and all achievable with A:M, (if you have the time and the patience and the manpower... and the skill...and the script...and means to survive...and, and, and). :)

Matt, I love the light saber touch. It turns him into a hero in a Hash shell. :)

Robert, I prefer the second tortoise too but there are lots of things that just look too awkward. His extended shoulders are neccesary to give his arms clearance but look wrong. There is a similar problem with the legs. I moved on to a quadruped tortoise after this guy but haven't modelled him yet.

Nancy, a little stretching of the shell would probably be okay but originally I was playing around with having the shell form shorts and vest and it just requires too much distortion or restricting the leg movement to avoid the distortion. I wanted his limbs to be very articulated.

Oh, yes. Be careful what you ask for, Jirard! I have a ton of test material! ;)

• Hash Fellow
Nancy, a little stretching of the shell would probably be okay but originally I was playing around with having the shell form shorts and vest and it just requires too much distortion or restricting the leg movement to avoid the distortion. I wanted his limbs to be very articulated.

Ther are probably several classic cartoons with such a character. You might look at those to see how they handled the shell.