Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Modelling Practice Project

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With splines you don't need quite so many control points. I would say that you could get the same shape with maybe a quarter of the control points. If you are doing a face you may do a lot of CPs to give you more options for rigging but beaks are rigid and adding all of these CPs may slow things down one you have a whole bird attached to it. I am impressed that you were able to keep things so smooth with that many points.

Also, does anyone know if a Tucan blinks? I am looking at all the pics and not really seeing any eyelids? Kinda odd, I guess I never thought about it. ;)

They do, I think: Tukan

If you look closely, you can se the lidt's. They probably blink like parrots.

Hope this helps.

The blue around the eye is the eye lid. look at the birds feet, see the lovely shade of blue. This birds skin is blue, lots of birds have blue skin. If you look real close at the eye on your photo you just make out the wrinkles in the birds eyelid.

Hi edlundart - I just changed the width of the hair in the timeline. Here is a post where Nancy put up a screenshot visual of how it is done for me.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...601&hl=hair

Here is an updated version of the wings I did to make them look a little more realistic - I just seperated the top of the wings into 3 sections and applied the hair material on them at different lengths.

tucan0004.jpg