Hash, Inc. Forums

Getting Upgrade

Rooky Animator

Sometimes, that is the problem with buying things off some guy on the internet.

But, if he gave you a full version of A:M and not just an upgrade and he gave you the manual that comes with it, it should be printed inside the manual itself.

You might want to contact the seller if you did not get the manual or you can just buy the yearly subscription off Hash.com for $50

Have all the older versions been shifted over to the web activation scheme? The only version that needs activation is v15 that I am aware of. You should still be able to download the older versions pre-activation from here:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

Version 14c was the last version 14 available.

Cheers

Let me see that I am straight on this before I upgrade. 15 upgrade Is only thru subscription even thou I had bought 13 a month ago.

It seems that you have fallen into the same trap that I did when I first bought A:M back at version 8. Purchasing A:M at the end of the year was a disappointing experience when I discovered that I had just missed out on a new version and a year of updates. Hash have now addressed this problem with their new subscription system. With the subscription you will get a year of updates from the day that you unlock A:M, no matter when you first unlock it. When your annual subscription runs out A:M will lock up again until you renew the subscription and gain entitlement to another year of updates. That's the way I believe it works.

The v13 purchase (assuming it is the TWO CD) will get you to v14c. You'll be able to keep these versions forever.

v15 onward is a new subscription mechanism. The $50US version will allow you to use v15 and anything else released in the 12 month period after you activate it. After that 12 months it will cease to function. If you want to continue using it you need to then purchase a new 12 month subscription OR you can purchase the CD version for $299 and keep the software forever but be only entitled to updates for a year (not sure if this one is acitvated or calendar year like the pre v15 versions).

(At least I think this is now how the subscription process will work - we are all new to it.)

Cheers

Isn't it kinda akward for me to be talking to college students when im like 20 years younger than u guys

LOL. Dude, I could almost be your grandfather. We don't worry too much about the age thing around here. We just all love to animate and model. That's what's important ain't it?

Ok now i get it! Darn this stupid 14 year old brain. isn't it kinda akward for me to be talking to college students when im like 20 years younger than u guys

Don't be silly. Some of us who are 30 years older can't even keep up with the 14 year olds. I can't type on those tiny cell phone keyboards and I bet you have a full head of hair. Of course, you can't drive so we do have one small advantage. ;)

-vern

Let me see that I am straight on this before I upgrade. 15 upgrade Is only thru subscription even thou I had bought 13 a month ago.

It seems that you have fallen into the same trap that I did when I first bought A:M back at version 8. Purchasing A:M at the end of the year was a disappointing experience when I discovered that I had just missed out on a new version and a year of updates. Hash have now addressed this problem with their new subscription system. With the subscription you will get a year of updates from the day that you unlock A:M, no matter when you first unlock it. When your annual subscription runs out A:M will lock up again until you renew the subscription and gain entitlement to another year of updates. That's the way I believe it works.

Thank's for the info.