Hash, Inc. Forums

Ernie Weighs In

That looks great! I like how you have used the upper eyelids as eyebrows, by deforming them.

Thanks Luuk.

I was trying to get a more cartoony, animated feel than the first incarnation.

the first version had veered too far in the bugman direction. You can take a look at the earlier incarnation here:

• Admin

You are getting good at this. :)

I know the focus is on facial motion capture and you need to be zoomed in fairly close to see the results of that but I'd love to see these character tests with a bit more of them in the frame. Heck... I'd love to see more of Ernie period! :)

These tests make me think you should play up the newscaster bit even more.

Show how ZignTrack deliver not just the message but fits into the whole polished sequence.

Those guys and gals seem to do little arm and hand movement anyway except to shuffle papers right?

To ease the setup of such a thing perhaps his hands could be constrained to a desktop or something.

Assuming Ernie has hands that is.

Your tests are enjoyable enough that I wouldn't mind watching Ernie report the news on a daily basis.

Tell him when his contract expires with ZignTrack he should pitch his show to the networks. ;)

I guess this is the long winded way of saying I like your work.

ZignTrack looks like a lot of fun and you have demonstrated it really works!

Keep up the great work.

You are getting good at this. :)

I know the focus is on facial motion capture and you need to be zoomed in fairly close to see the results of that but I'd love to see these character tests with a bit more of them in the frame. Heck... I'd love to see more of Ernie period! :)

These tests make me think you should play up the newscaster bit even more.

Show how ZignTrack deliver not just the message but fits into the whole polished sequence.

Those guys and gals seem to do little arm and hand movement anyway except to shuffle papers right?

To ease the setup of such a thing perhaps his hands could be constrained to a desktop or something.

Assuming Ernie has hands that is.

Your tests are enjoyable enough that I wouldn't mind watching Ernie report the news on a daily basis.

Tell him when his contract expires with ZignTrack he should pitch his show to the networks. ;)

I guess this is the long winded way of saying I like your work.

ZignTrack looks like a lot of fun and you have demonstrated it really works!

Keep up the great work.

Thanks, Rodney.

I don't think Ernie is quite ready for daily material. So far figuring out the production path is keeping me busy. And rendering is a bear, this piece took 11 hours to render even after I'd stripped it down to 13 seconds a frame.

I am looking to incorporate more body and hand movement, but getting the facial thing working is priority one.

• Admin
So far figuring out the production path is keeping me busy. And rendering is a bear, this piece took 11 hours to render even after I'd stripped it down to 13 seconds a frame.

I can see where the final rendering would be problematic.

Is it unthinkable that a realtime (or fairly close) solution might be possible?

Perhaps something related to HAMR?

If 80% of the problem is rendering... it might be worth looking into.

I think Zign Track is coming along wonderfully. I have one suggestion, not about Zign Track, but about the mouth shapes. Should his jaw be moving when he speaks? He speaks entirely by moving his lips, and it looks kind of awkward, but takes a while to realize why. Just a thought. Cheers!

Here's the latest Ernie piece, a reaction to the SF zoo tragedy. Again done with Zign Track.