Hash, Inc. Forums

Animated Christmas Card

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I took a shot at creating an animated Christmas card. Wish it'd occurred to me to do it sooner, but somehow I was able to finish it in time. I did have to cheat a bunch (which included using no multi-pass or shadows in rendering and a lot of tomfoolering in Flash and Photoshop.)

Anyways, I thought I'd share it with you guys, too!

The Wannabe Pirates Spectacular Christmas Special

xmas.jpg

Thanks!

Rodney, I came up with the idea of doing it Thursday morning on my way in to work and searched my iPod for an appropriately cheezy Christmas song. :-) I ran into some technical problems at the beginning (I do NOT like the new iMovie), so the bulk of it was done Saturday through Monday. I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to get it done in time...

It was a great learning process. Nothing like trial by fire! :-)

That was a nice Xmas card, maybe next year we should have a Xmas card rally or contest.

Oh by the way Mark, Arrr, jolly O matey.

LOL!

It would be neat if we put together a page that was like the mantle of a fireplace where folks could display their cards on a special Hash Christmas page next year. Assuming enough folks contributed...

• Admin
Rodney, I came up with the idea of doing it Thursday morning on my way in to work and searched my iPod for an appropriately cheezy Christmas song. :-) I ran into some technical problems at the beginning (I do NOT like the new iMovie), so the bulk of it was done Saturday through Monday. I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to get it done in time...

It was a great learning process. Nothing like trial by fire! :-)

Tell me about it. There is nothing like the dreaded deadline doom to get us motivated.

But really... This works in another context too.

I'm always interested in the learning process. I want to learn all there is to learn.

That you managed to get this production packaged and presented in time for Christmas is quite a feat too.

Congratulations. :)

• Admin
Here's one of my time-saving tricks... The snowman model is really just a modified Thom. :-)

That should get an award as the most beneficial modification of Thom we've seen in a very long time.

Usually Thom just gets battered, bruised and blown up! ;)

Great acting Thom! (Watch how they snub him at the Emmys again this year)

Seriously though, nice modification.