Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

face set-up

DJBREIT

I am seeking some opinions from the pros on what face rig I should use on my model. I have the SQUETCH rig with the standard face controls. I am not sure it this set up would work well with my mode?. Post your opinions.

My model is based on the anima model Miki but has been modified. I have added teeth and a tongue but most of the face has been left as is.

face.jpgface2.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bones rig for the face would work fine, but I would cut down the splineage on that face no matter what method I used. Whatever you are comfortable using is the way you should go.

------------------

EDIT

------------------

Thinking about it a little more...the eyes may be a problem for the stock rig since they don't appear to be spheres. You might have to do some modifying to the setup or go with muscle Poses.

That was the first problem I saw with the model. I was hoping someone had worked on this type of model before."old japanese anima" and had some ideas.

I problebly can work out something but this is the first time I have made a model and rigged it "ever" mines the 2001 rig job from before.

That was the first problem I saw with the model. I was hoping someone had worked on this type of model before."old japanese anima" and had some ideas.

I problebly can work out something but this is the first time I have made a model and rigged it "ever" mines the 2001 rig job from before.

Mark Strohbehn made some tutorials on how to set up the FACE controls with muscle Poses, there is a link to it on the Wiki (you can get there using the link in my signature).

Hope that helps.

-------------------

EDIT

-------------------

Here is a direct link to Mark's thread.