Hash, Inc. Forums

SQUETCH RIG 12_05_2007

DJBREIT

The video Tutorial I watched did not tell me what to do with "auto_controllers_INSTALL" bone. should I hide it or do I have to position it first?

Also is there more video Tutorials then the first five I found?

Squetch_Installation

The "auto_controllers_INSTALL" bone has the "auto_controller" bones as children, those bones are used in calculations within Expressions for the face rig. There is a constraint that will translate them to the hips that is already set to "on", so that's where they will be in any Action. I would move the "auto_controllers_INSTALL" bone using translate mode so that its' origin is at the origin of the hips, but that is just for neatness.

Those are the only installation tutorials besides the tutorial that Mark Skodacek made for the Posable installation versions of the rig. There have been a lot of updates since those original five...I actually stopped at that point because of how fast things had changed. One thing off the top of my head, the leg INSTALL bones are now supposed to end at the ankle instead of going to the floor.

There's going to be an update to the spine when I can get to it, then I have a personal project that I've been trying to get to...I'm going to try to make a new installation tutorial while doing the rigging for that.

If you have any questions, feel free to post, PM or e-mail.