Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SQUETCH foot gizmo

DJBREIT

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I have set up the foot with the gizmo and most of it work fine but it was set up with an opposable big toe in mined. So it dose not work well with the other toes. How do I fix this problem?

Need some detailed instructions.

feet.jpg

The Foot Gizmo was meant for hand-like feet like you would have on a monkey. What you need are the biped Squetch Rig toes that are located in the "Add-ons" section of the Wiki.

Hope that helps.

Yes they do work.:)

By chance do you have the hand add-on"s

I'm not sure what you mean by the hand add-ons...what kind of add-ons?

You may want to fix the link to the Tutorials "compensates for the biped rig"

Oh, that was something that I forgot to delete. The compensate resetting instructions are included with the rig...I edited the Wiki.

Never mind on the hand add-on since these do not have the gem bone in them. I ether have to adapt them to the existing 2001 rig or copy the hold hand Bones and Relationship over and adapt them to it. And I don’t know enough to do that yet. :unsure:

Oh, that was something that I forgot to delete. The compensate resetting instructions are included with the rig...I edited the Wiki.

There’s no instruction with the files.

Also I have the existing setup. Do you have a rig add-on instruction for existing installed riggs for dummies. Since there are a hundred way’s to screw it up and one way to get it right. What I need to know is what needs to be deleted from the bone list and Relationship and how to added the rig in to an existing installed Squetch rig “02-25-2007"with five toes.

Never mind on the hand add-on since these do not have the gem bone in them. I ether have to adapt them to the existing 2001 rig or copy the hold hand Bones and Relationship over and adapt them to it. And I don’t know enough to do that yet. :unsure:

I don't understand what you're trying to do....are you trying to add the hands to the 2001 rig? What is the "gem" bone? Is that a typo that should read "geom" bone? I'm confused about what you're asking.

There’s no instruction with the files.

There should be a text file named "resetting_all_compensates_12_05_2007.txt" included with the installation rigs.

Also I have the existing setup. Do you have a rig add-on instruction for existing installed riggs for dummies. Since there are a hundred way’s to screw it up and one way to get it right. What I need to know is what needs to be deleted from the bone list and Relationship and how to added the rig in to an existing installed Squetch rig “02-25-2007"with five toes.

The toe add-ons are for the standard Squetch Rig...the one's without the Foot Gizmo. To install them, you just import the toe add-ons, position the toes using translate mode, rotate mode and scale mode, then run the "InstallRig" plugin.

If you need the Foot Gizmo taken out of what you've got, delete all of the bones under the "right_foot_Gizmo_toes_INSTALL" and "left_foot_Gizmo_toes_INSTALL" then delete any Poses for the Foot Gizmo and toes.

If you need someone to clean out the things you need rid of, either post, PM or e-mail me to let me know where to get the model that needs fixing and I'll get to it as fast as I can.

I don't understand what you're trying to do....are you trying to add the hands to the 2001 rig? What is the "gem" bone? Is that a typo that should read "geom" bone? I'm confused about what you're asking..

Yes it was a typo

I wanted to add the hands and feet control gizmo to the 2001 rig. Since the 2001 rig was most satiable for secondary and back round characters. Like if you had a scene in a school yard or in a restaurant. These characters can be set up with quickly and easy compared to the Squetch Rig

There should be a text file named "resetting_all_compensates_12_05_2007.txt" included with the installation rigs.

Found it.

The toe add-ons are for the standard Squetch Rig...the one's without the Foot Gizmo. To install them, you just import the toe add-ons, position the toes using translate mode, rotate mode and scale mode, then run the "InstallRig" plugin.

If you need the Foot Gizmo taken out of what you've got, delete all of the bones under the "right_foot_Gizmo_toes_INSTALL" and "left_foot_Gizmo_toes_INSTALL" then delete any Poses for the Foot Gizmo and toes.

If you need someone to clean out the things you need rid of, either post, PM or e-mail me to let me know where to get the model that needs fixing and I'll get to it as fast as I can.

If I understand you right and what I see in the file, the Biped Squetch Rig is not set up with the controls like the hands are.

I wanted to add the hands and feet control gizmo to the 2001 rig. Since the 2001 rig was most satiable for secondary and back round characters. Like if you had a scene in a school yard or in a restaurant. These characters can be set up with quickly and easy compared to the Squetch Rig

It would take some modifying to get that done...I'll make a hands-only version with some instructions for you.

If I understand you right and what I see in the file, the Biped Squetch Rig is not set up with the controls like the hands are.

There is the standard biped rig and the biped rig with the Foot Gizmo...they are identical except one has the Foot Gizmo added (which is a foot setup for a character with hand-like feet, like a monkey).