Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Model Relationships

DJBREIT

Hello again

I have added some bone Relationships to my model. They are in action section but I would like to add them to the main model Relationships groups. But I can not figure out how to add them I must have over look it in one of the tutorials.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The short answer is "You can't get there from here."

The easiest and fastest way for you to get the relationships you defined in "Action3" into your "Basic Setup Relationships" pose is to open "Relationship1" in the "Basic Setup Relationships"pose and redefine your bone relationships/constraints/etc from scratch.

There was another way to do what you want to do, but I have not tried it in a few years, so I do not know if it still works.

Try this, maybe it will work and maybe it won't.

Open a window for "Action3".

When "Action3" is open, a new button labeled "Action" may show up in the main menu bar at the top of the program window.

If the "Action" menu item appears, click on it and choose "save as pose" or something like that.

The action will be saved as a new pose in your model named "Action3".

Now open your "Basic Setup Relationships" pose and look in the |Pose Slider| window.

You will see pose sliders for all of the user properties (poses) you created.

There should be a pose slider named "Action3".

Make sure the pose slider for "Basic Setup Relationships" is set to "ON" or "100%", then ...

Either turn "ON" the Action3 Pose slider or slide its slider all the way to 100%.

Close all pose and action windows.

Save your model.

Now, whenever you turn on the "Basic Setup Relationships" pose, the "Action3" pose should turn on as well.

Thanks HomeSlice :)

You got me where I needed to be.

I feel stupid after poking around A:M for a while. I double click the Relationship1 icon and finely the poser window cam up for it. I was looking for a selection button in the menus. :blink: I wish A:M would put a drag and drop feature in for the Relationship stuff.