Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Black Hole

Here are a couple of renders of my interpretation? of a black hole, (not exactly black), this is all for fun and to see just what I can come up with .I have also attached a zip file containing my sprite collection, 17 sprites total. I used various sprites, forces, glow and volumetrics to get what I have so far. It's not what I'm look for so, back to experimenting!.....

Black_Hole_n.mov

17_Sprite_Collection_MRC_.zip

Black_Hole_p.mov

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of renders of my interpretation? of a black hole, (not exactly black), this is all for fun and to see just what I can come up with .I have also attached a zip file containing my sprite collection, 17 sprites total. I used various sprites, forces, glow and volumetrics to get what I have so far. It's not what I'm look for so, back to experimenting!.....

It's really coming together! Me, I've been making a space background and I might consider doing something similar to this (My post "Suit of Armor"). I've posted a few new pictures since last time.

William, Not sure if the pics help explain what Ive done, so Ill try to explain the best I can

A. Cone shaped model to funnel sprites to center location via gravity?

B. Outer ring model for emitting sprites ((2 separate emitters, 2 differing sprites) tried 1 emit. w/ two sprite images but didn't render like I wanted) Also I have this ring circling ,not

sure if it matters.

C. In the center of it all I have a torus model flattened somewhat (color = yellow) (99% transparency) just for Glow effect.

D. Also in center in a disk patch model with a hole in the center, this is use as a sprite emitter with color tint settings and size of sprite changes.

E. There are two Fan forces centered in the cone, one is small with falloff influencing only the center, then a larger fan force w/ falloff that goes out to near the edge of the

cone model.

F. There is the blue beam coming from the center that is a Volum. effect, (dust) (I don't like the looks of it and working on improving.

G. I don't use the Chor. rim light but I do use the other two. (so special reason) and the ground is not active.

Hope It makes sense, along with the pics..

Thanks for the comments everyone.....

Side_View_BH_be0.jpg

Side_View_BH0.jpg