Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A leg problem

DJBREIT

Hello

I”m new to rigging and I have run into a problem.

I made a character from the Mika model but I removed the old skeleton and added the 2001 skeleton to learn how to rigg it. I did have it working earlier but after I did some work on the upper end of the model but by accident did something wrong. The knee are bending in the wrong direction. I look at all the bones from the Pelvis down But I seem to be over looking something.

model_legs_2.jpg

Any ideas

Also dose any one have a list of rigs and what you would use each one for?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you compared the rig with the original? Check the rotations on the 'Z' axis of the leg bones and the location and orientation of the "Left Thigh Orient" and "Right Thigh Orient".

As for a list of rigs:

2001 Rig...it's on the A:M CD.

TSM (The Setup Machine)...Anzovin has discontinued TSM for A:M, but you might still be able to buy a copy from them or somewhere like Ebay.

Squetch Rig

3dArtz' Cogs

Barry Zundel's rig

S.U.R.E. Rig

Matthew Krick's rig

Jeff Lew's rig

There are others...those are just off the top of my head.

Hope that helps.

Have you compared the rig with the original? Check the rotations on the 'Z' axis of the leg bones and the location and orientation of the "Left Thigh Orient" and "Right Thigh Orient".

After beating my self over the head for an hour or two rechecking the two models again. :angry: I throw caution to the wind and started to move the bones around. It turned out two bones where off just a little bit. The “Thigh Orient” and the “Leg Hinge”. And I had to zoom in to find it was off a just a hair. :blink: You live and you learn

Thanks for the help. :D