Hash, Inc. Forums

How totransfer picture to 3d

animation man hi

• Hash Fellow

Mmakeing 3D models is a lot like sculpting. You can use a photo as a reference but there is no automatic computer tool to do that except for on very simple geometric objects (not part of A:M , BTW).

if the object is very flat, and you have a straight on pic of it you can import that as a rotoscope and use it as a guide for splining.

But I most reccommend learning the essential modeling princples in TAOA:M and then you can make any shape you want. There area a couple of tuts there on working from photos.

Start small and simple, grow from there.

You would call the "Transfer Department" on the 8th floor and ask for Jill. She has the "3D transfer forms" that need to be filled out and will put one in the mail for you. Fax the completed form back to the the Transfer Department (Make sure to include the "Transfer Allocation ID number" when you fill out the form.). Usually after 6 to 8 weeks they will get back to you with the proper documents and approvals from the background check for you to apply for a "3D Transfer License". It could take another 3 to 6 weeks before you get your official "3D transfer ID Card". Once you have your ID card, post here and we can tell you how to use it with AM to "transfer a picture to 3d".

I'm just pulling your leg. there is no Jill on the 8th floor... it's Alice on the 6th floor.

I'm kidding again!

;)

Seriously though, if you could give us a little more information about what you are trying to do we can help you better. AM can do a lot of things with a picture (decal it, warp it, make it move, rotoscope it, etc). If you narrow it down it may save time. And of course try to do the tutorials (if you don't do the tutorials Denise in Human Resources on the second floor will put mean post it notes on your desk).

p.s. I should have been a bureaucrat. I could have designed really complex processes for getting information.

p.s.s. There is no Denise in Human Resources.

;)

-vern

You would call the "Transfer Department" on the 8th floor and ask for Jill. She has the "3D transfer forms" that need to be filled out and will put one in the mail for you. Fax the completed form back to the the Transfer Department (Make sure to include the "Transfer Allocation ID number" when you fill out the form.). Usually after 6 to 8 weeks they will get back to you with the proper documents and approvals from the background check for you to apply for a "3D Transfer License". It could take another 3 to 6 weeks before you get your official "3D transfer ID Card". Once you have your ID card, post here and we can tell you how to use it with AM to "transfer a picture to 3d".

I'm just pulling your leg. there is no Jill on the 8th floor... it's Alice on the 6th floor.

I'm kidding again!

;)

Seriously though, if you could give us a little more information about what you are trying to do we can help you better. AM can do a lot of things with a picture (decal it, warp it, make it move, rotoscope it, etc). If you narrow it down it may save time. And of course try to do the tutorials (if you don't do the tutorials Denise in Human Resources on the second floor will put mean post it notes on your desk).

p.s. I should have been a bureaucrat. I could have designed really complex processes for getting information.

p.s.s. There is no Denise in Human Resources.

;)

-vern

Nice!

Not just those two, you should model the rest of her as well....... ;)

When I did that I wanted to show that converting a whole comic book into a stereographic comic book was possible. For any comic book artist out there listening, and wanted to inquire a hash animator for the job, apply here.

Seriously, this is another avenue that I think could be pursue. I have always love the red/blue glass comic book. Back then you had to draw out both side, but with this program, it is so much faster. Because it is so much easier, you could add more object and depth to the scene. When the 3d comic book first came out, the level of detail were so sparse compare to today. The stereo version comic book is the way to go. Beowulf, spy kid, and more movies are doing it, and new theater that specialized in 3D are being built to accommodate them. I think the new generation will know how to look at cross eye art. My one year old grand nephew runs to the parallel glasses from the 1900's to look at pictures. He go to the shelves the moment he arrives.

My point is that we tend to think that we need to model the character to create a story, when the other option of drawing them out then use the program to convert them to 3D stereo. You could draw out each object on its own layers, and then reuse the drawing to place as another layer again for another scene.

Anyway, I made too many women in hash, I never thought I say it, but I need a man.

BTW I am 1/4 Welsh, and always wonder what the women are like in Wales. Catherine Zeta Jones is one of them.