Hash, Inc. Forums

Robot on my desk

agep

I dug up an old friend of mine, the stupid robot I made a few years ago. I've been tinkering with SynthEyes the last couple of days. Basically I recorded a video of my desk with my mobile phone and imported it into SynthEyes, did the tracking and adjustments then exported it to A:M. I see there is some jittering on the tracking, but overall I'm satisfied. The animation is just an old and crappy action I made long time ago.

Let me know what you think

johnny6.mov

Here is an small screen capture:

johnny6screencapture.jpg

That looks great. The stutter in tracking is probably because your phone couldn't keep up a regular frame rate. I've found that using a miniDV camcorder and then capturing the footage gives the best results because the frame rate is rock solid.

And syntheyes costs how much?

about $400 bucks last I checked, a steal when you consider that competing (though not competitive to my mind) products go as high as 20K.

Thanks guys!

wow !!! :) , very impressive , maybe buy it (SynthEyes) , how you making robot chain animation ;)
If I remember correctly, I used the same principle as explained in this thread for the belts

That looks great. The stutter in tracking is probably because your phone couldn't keep up a regular frame rate. I've found that using a miniDV camcorder and then capturing the footage gives the best results because the frame rate is rock solid.
I did export the recording to 25fps before I ran the tracking, not sure if that made it better though