Hash, Inc. Forums

Pose Slider Problem

virus81

Today is my first day with A:M and I am stuck with exercise 1. I know you guys can help me out of this, here is my problem:

I did exactly same as it says in exercise 1. Opend a choreography window, dragged actor Keekat to the window, opened Pose Slider window from [View] [Pose Sliders]. Now I can view all different poses inside the Pose Sliders window. I tried to drag sliding bar of Dynamic Pose, but nothing happening. I am not able to drag the bar of any of those poses. Please help me.

Hmm. Veddy strange. You're quite sure you did open a choreography window, not a modelling window? It's easy to click on the wrong thing.

Assuming you are in a chor window, the only other thing that occurs to me is that you may have accidentally clicked a button in the toolbar at the top. Clicking the little yellow person puts you in modelling mode, and the pose sliders won't work since they're choreography-related. A bit to the right are three choreography buttons: a muscle icon, a bones icon, and a megaphone. Click on the megaphone.

If that doesn't do it, report back and somebody else will figure out the answer.

I tried to change the value on Dynamic Pose, which is currently showing as "-not set-"; it did not worked. I am attaching screen shot of my window. As you can see that, at top of the window it shows [Choreography2]. That makes sure I am in choreography window. On the tool bar megaphone is selected. My system is Windows XP, I am trying to hold the sliding bar using left mouse button and then trying to slide towards my right. I hope that is the way it should work!

post-11380-1195760567_thumb.jpg

hmmm...that is strange - It should work in director mode as well as skeletal mode but not bones mode.

And it looks like there might be something funny that happens when switching modes - I noticed that if I went into bones mode and then switched back to director mode - that the pose slider wouldn't work anymore

So Start a new choreography. Drag keekat in. select Keekat. and now try the pose slider. Should work.

(what version 2006 of am are you using ? - should be the latest 13s -ish? (help/about to see version). And now you will ask where to get the latest version and I'm hoping someone will tell us)

It is really strange! I tried several times, started all over again with different actors, in different modes. It never worked! I brought this A:M version few days back, version is ~ 2006 version 13.0I.

Let's simplify the project to narrow down the possible problems, here's a Project that should open up in a Choreography with the Pose Sliders window open. When you move the only Pose slider that is in there, does the vase move?

Also, if you have v13.0I, you should be able to download and use the latest version of 13...here.

Hope that helps.

I opened the PRJ file in A:M. It shows me the vase in choreography mode. It was not showing Pose Sliders window. I pressed Alt - 4 to open it. Pose sliders shows me 'Pose 1' with 100%. I am able to do right click on pose 1, it shows 'Time Based' is selected. But still I cannot drag the bar using left mouse button of pose 1 to change the value.

I downloaded the version 14.0c from: http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/updates/window...2007/AM2007.EXE

I opened the PRJ file in A:M. It shows me the vase in choreography mode. It was not showing Pose Sliders window. I pressed Alt - 4 to open it. Pose sliders shows me 'Pose 1' with 100%. I am able to do right click on pose 1, it shows 'Time Based' is selected. But still I cannot drag the bar using left mouse button of pose 1 to change the value.

I downloaded the version 14.0c from: http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/updates/window...2007/AM2007.EXE

Okay, so you have v14.0c...I pointed you at v13.0t because you said you were using v13.0i.

My question now would be, did you do a clean install when you installed the version you're using? It's worth a try.

I did a clean reinstall of v13.0c. no positive result! Still not able to use pose slider :(

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? Are you using OpenGL or DirectX for your realtime display (on the "Global" tab of the "Options" menu)?

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

What Operating System are you using? What video card? Also, did you mean 14.0c?

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

If it is v14.0c, is the number of threads set to "1" in the "Global" tab of the "Options" menu?

Another thing you could try is:

Help Menu > Reset Settings

Then exit A:M, restart the computer, then restart A:M.

That will make sure that all the settings are at default.

(Restarting the computer is probably not necessary, I am just mindful that a restart will often cure 95% of woes)

Here is my answers for all your questions:

1. I did Help Menu > Reset Settings. No result.

2. My System information:

AM Version: 14.0c

I have OpenGL and Direct3D V8, [Tool][Options][Global] shows that I have OpenGL selected from the dropdown menu. Threads is 1. I tried selecting Direct3D

that also did not worked.

3. I purchased the A:M copy from Hash Inc from online. That was V13.oi. When it did not worked with that version, I downloaded 14.0c from Hash Inc site.

4. It shows following Actors in the folder: Eddie, KeeKat, Knight, Rabbit, Shaggy, Thom, Eugene_201rig, harold, Lady Goodbody, SIR_NIGEL, Gala, RiggedTroll

and Wookie. I tried to use pose slider with all of them.

5. The character on my CD box is a Gorilla and on The CD, it is the picture from TWO.

Please let me know if I missed something that you guys asked.

1. I did Help Menu > Reset Settings. No result.

It was worth a try.

2. My System information:

So, the OS should work fine.

AM Version: 14.0c

3. I purchased the A:M copy from Hash Inc from online. That was V13.oi. When it did not worked with that version, I downloaded 14.0c from Hash Inc site.

5. The character on my CD box is a Gorilla and on The CD, it is the picture from TWO.

Okay, that tells me you have the CD for the Oz installation...which you've gotten and installed. Although, I have v13.0L on the CD and it's a Yeti...I know, splitting hairs.

I have OpenGL and Direct3D V8, [Tool][Options][Global] shows that I have OpenGL selected from the dropdown menu. Threads is 1. I tried selecting Direct3D that also did not worked.

Okay, but do you have the latest drivers for your video card? If it's a realtime rendering problem, that could be the culprit.

Also, do you have any emulation software like Alcohol 120% or DAEMON Tools or some sort of Virtual CD applications installed? Those can cause problems as well.

I do not have anything like Alcohol 120% or DAEMON Tools or Virtual CD installed in my system. Another try with v13.0t was not successful. How do I know that what version of driver I have for my vedio card? Next thing I am planning is installing it in other computer. That may tell me if there is problem with my system or the AM version I am using.

I tried v14.0c in different computer and thanks god! Pose slider is working in that system. Now we are sure that there is problem with my system only. Somehow I have to make it working. Do you guys have any suggestion like what all things I should check and incase something is not updated in my system how can I get it updated?

I have another question: A:M starts from the CD provided by Hash Inc even if install all data in local drive. Due to high usage the CD it can be damaged or accidentally it can be broken. In that case Hash Inc will provide me a duplicate copy or I have to purchase another copy?

I tried v14.0c in different computer and thanks god! Pose slider is working in that system. Now we are sure that there is problem with my system only. Somehow I have to make it working. Do you guys have any suggestion like what all things I should check and incase something is not updated in my system how can I get it updated?

I have another question: A:M starts from the CD provided by Hash Inc even if install all data in local drive. Due to high usage the CD it can be damaged or accidentally it can be broken. In that case Hash Inc will provide me a duplicate copy or I have to purchase another copy?

I'm glad you got AM to work...now it's just figuring out what's going on with your computer.

Find out what video card your computer has...it might tell you in your Device Manager under "Display Adapters". Then, download the latest drivers for that card and install them.

As for the CD, it's part of the copy protection for AM. You can get a USB dongle from Hash if you prefer, I'm not sure of the pricing for that. I've never had an AM disk get damaged, but if you're worried about it, the dongle is what you would need.

Hope that helps.

I have "Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family" as video card. I will update driver version and will check up again in my system. Currently I am working from other system where it is working.

A lot of thanks to all of you for helping me out of this trouble. Now I am through exercise 1. Feeling better.

I too am just starting my first day with AM and am running the first tutorial with crazycat on my G4, I've gotten as far as the activate the pose slider step in the tutorial and nothing has popped up to play with like in the tutorial the window is there but there's no options in it as in the tutorial. How am I supposed to play with the kitty if I can't manipulate him. What's wrong?

Anyhelp would be lovely

~Marky