Hash, Inc. Forums

TSM question

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I had to rig a character quick today and I noticed that a newly-rigged TSM character now gets "Error loading string xxxx" at the end of its relationship names. Since the character still seems to otherwise work ok and this didn't happen before, I'm guessing that A:M has changed some detail about how it reads these names in from the model file. Perhaps some termination character is not being recognized anymore or something like that.

Has anyone pawed thru this situation with a text editor and found out what the cause is?

I had to rig a character quick today and I noticed that a newly-rigged TSM character now gets "Error loading string xxxx" at the end of its relationship names. Since the character still seems to otherwise work ok and this didn't happen before, I'm guessing that A:M has changed some detail about how it reads these names in from the model file. Perhaps some termination character is not being recognized anymore or something like that.

Has anyone pawed thru this situation with a text editor and found out what the cause is?

It is not just TSM rigs...all relationships display like this.

I made a report of it, but like you said, everything works fine.

errorloadingstr.jpg

• Hash Fellow

You mean even if someone installs a squetch rig the relationship names get that error?

You mean even if someone installs a squetch rig the relationship names get that error?

I checked v14 last night when I saw that comment...I didn't see it when using the Squetch Rig installation. Maybe I'm not understanding the steps to make this happen.

• Hash Fellow
I checked v14 last night when I saw that comment...I didn't see it when using the Squetch Rig installation. Maybe I'm not understanding the steps to make this happen.

I was using V13, I really think this is an A:M/TSM thing. I hadn't noticed a constraint haveing any problem in other situations.

I was using V13, I really think this is an A:M/TSM thing. I hadn't noticed a constraint haveing any problem in other situations.

All newly created (ie not copied, pasted or imported, such as during a squetch rig install) relationships, whether tsm or not, give string errors.

Imported actors with relationships built under previous versions do not display the error.

To test this, create a new relationship, any relationship, on a model. It will display the string error text.

Very minor.

(These facts are true in v14c, I don't use 13 anymore.)

All newly created (ie not copied, pasted or imported, such as during a squetch rig install) relationships, whether tsm or not, give string errors.

Imported actors with relationships built under previous versions do not display the error.

To test this, create a new relationship, any relationship, on a model. It will display the string error text.

Very minor.

Thanks for the information, Jesse. I'll have to try that tonight...I've been doing a lot of work in older versions to get the Squetch Rig update released.

Very minor.

I tested v14 by creating new relationships on a very simple model that I made in that version...I didn't get the string error. I tried "orient like", "aim at" and "translate to" constraints without anything unusual turning up. Then, I opened Squetchy Sam in v14 and started adding new Poses...I didn't get the string error.

Does TSM put anything in one of the AM folders? Like an HXT file in the HXT folder? If so, have you tried testing for this problem without those files installed, Jesse? I don't have TSM, so it's not something I would be able to try.

Very minor.

I tested v14 by creating new relationships on a very simple model that I made in that version...I didn't get the string error. I tried "orient like", "aim at" and "translate to" constraints without anything unusual turning up. Then, I opened Squetchy Sam in v14 and started adding new Poses...I didn't get the string error.

Does TSM put anything in one of the AM folders? Like an HXT file in the HXT folder? If so, have you tried testing for this problem without those files installed, Jesse? I don't have TSM, so it's not something I would be able to try.

That's weird. It doesn't give me an error today at all.

*shrugs*

doesn't matter either way, can still read relationship names thru the error when it happens

• 2 months later...
Has anyone tried TSM2 in V15 yet?

According to this it won't work in V14 and later...

That was a temporary glitch. My TSM works still in v15. As long as the SDK stuff it uses remains relatively unchanged, TSM should continue to work. Good thing, too, it saves me ages of time. (even if it is not always the best rig, it is usually adequate, once customized)

• Hash Fellow
That was a temporary glitch. My TSM works still in v15.

Great! Do the relationship folders still get the weird "Error loading String" tag on the end of their names?

I tried looking at the strings in a hex editor and I coudln't see any difference between the ones that were ok and the ones that weren't. :huh: